Pregnant after IF
Options

Any other hunters wives here?

I know why they call it a hunters widow!  My DH has been gone 3 of the last 4 weekends hunting!  I hope that he gets his deer and elk this weekend.  I really would like him home a few weekends before the baby is here.  If he does not get both this weekend there are still 4 more weekends of gun season uggg!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Any other hunters wives here?

• Options

I am!  I basically told DH that he wasn't doing much hunting this year.  Probably broke his little heart but I know he'd be upset if something happened to me and he wasn't around.

Plus, it makes me extra paranoid that they don't really answer their phones while they're out there.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Congratulations to my girl AmberZ! So happy for you!
  • Options
    I completely understand, but in my instance, my DH is the hunter's widow!  :)  It's bow season around here, and I know I'm not supposed to hunt during rifle season, so I've been going out as much as I can.  Embarrassed  It's the only time I can get some peace and quiet and thoughts away from 160 sixth graders!
    Diagnosis - MIF - FUIF!
    #1 12R, 7M, 5F - 2- 3dt BFN - 1 totsicle became our DD.
    TTC#2 since 1/12
    IVF #2 - 10R, 6M, 5F - 1 5dt of a morula= BFN none to freeze.
    IVF #3 (blegh) Long Lupron Protocol
    ER 8/23 12R, 7M, 2F - 2 beautiful 3d 8/26
    +HPT 9/3 beta #1 9/10= 78.5 #2 9/12 = 136 #3 9/14 319 #4 9/17 890 #5 9/21 2119
    Little B is where he needs to be. HB 9/24. no HB 10/3. Missed m/c @ 8w. D&C 10/5 :(
    IVF #4 - Antagonist Protocol
    ER - 17R, 14M, 9F - 1 beautiful blast 12/13 (Our anniversary), 3 more FROZEN!! WOO HOO!
    +HPT 12/17 beta #1 12/27 = 1654 (um hells to the yeah), beta #2 12/31 = 6994, 1st u/s= 1/8 (fingers firmly crossed) = HB 125. You rock little one.
    Please, Please Stick. Mommy, Daddy and Big Sis love you so much.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Our Totsicle is getting so big!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH isn't a hunter, but he's a HUGE bass fisherman. When he isn't so busy with his business, he will be on the water EVERY weekend. We always joke and say he'll be spending the day with his mistress (his bass boat). :D
  • Options

weirdly- he hasn't ventured out this year. he really hasn't had any time to do so now that i think about it.

i hope he goes at least once or twice so he won't pout the entire winter.

• Options

"I interupt this marriage to bring you hunting season." 

Yep, hunters widow.  Usually I don't mind him getting out of the house for a bit.  He goes on weekends and takes the 1st week of November off.  So he is suppose to be gone from today until a week Sunday.  However, he is also in the middle of a bathroom renovation at the house.  And after vomitting all over the floor because I couldn't get upstairs to the sink fast enough I have tried to guilt him into staying home part of his hunting holiday to finish it.  I am a bit annoyed today as well because I found out how much I will make on maternity leave and I want to go over the new budget with him, but he won't look at it for another week.  (I know we have lots of time to worry about it, but I want to worry about it now!)  Oh well, hopefully he gets lots of geese, ducks and a deer.  Next year hunting is not in the budget.  

Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DH and I both hunt during gun season, but not this year. Well at least probably not me. We both got doe tags this year so I'm hoping if he goes out he can at least fill his (I can sign mine over to him so we could possibly get two does) since he probably won't get down to our usual buck hunting spot. I don't think I would outright ban him from going but I also don't know that I would be thrilled if he left all day for a couples days either since we will have a newborn by then. Guess we'll just see what happens when the time comes.
  • Options
    Update:  Yeah he just called got his buck a nice big 10 pointer, now just the Elk left then he will be done for the season!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"