Toddlers: 24 Months+

Anyone with a LO that refuses meds?

DS is horrible about taking medicine.  There are only two outcomes when we administer liquid meds:  1.  spits it out  2.  pukes

How do you give meds to your LO?

Re: Anyone with a LO that refuses meds?

• DS is. We open his mouth, squirt a small amount in, give popsicle for a few seconds, and then repeat until he gets all the meds. The popsicle distracts him enough so he doesn't spit it out.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageToBeMrsT:
    DS is. We open his mouth, squirt a small amount in, give popsicle for a few seconds, and then repeat until he gets all the meds. The popsicle distracts him enough so he doesn't spit it out.

good idea!   i need to get one of those dropper/spoon things.

• Loading the player...
  • I have run out of solutions. I have put it in everything I could think of. Tried holding her down, tried the squeezing the cheeks trick, NOTHING works. I even went so far as to melt a grape popsicle, poured some out, replaced it with medicine, and refroze it. She spit it out after the first bite. I'm at a loss as how to give it to her.
    imageimage
    Breleigh & Mason
  • when its a med that i think a kid wont like, and he/she has to take it for a few days, i bust out the popsicle maker and make popsicles with the liquid meds in it Smile

but personally, my son LOOOVES meds...he asks for them when he isnt feeling good, and hes 2, lol...in the am, he knows hes is going to need his claritin, and comes to me for it

• My DD has to take a liquid medication twice a day everyday.  She goes through phases where she doesn't want it and it makes it VERY hard.  Some of the tricks we have tried are flavor it or mix it with applesauce.  Probably the best method though is we use a syringe and shoot in just a little at a time.  Also shoot it in from the side of their mouth and not the front.  Makes it harder for them to spit it out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"