Cincinnati Babies
Options

s/o TV watching - question

How old was your child when they started paying attention/acutally watching shows? Our TV is never on until DD goes to bed (not because we refuse to let her watch), she just doesn't seem interested and we don't have time to watch until later in the evening usually.  Once or twice I have turned on a Barney episide and she seemed mildly interested but was over it quickly.  

I am just wondering if I should introduce her to a few shows like Wigggles and see what she thinks, maybe it would keep her occupied for 20 minutes?  I figure I am going to need a bit of help when DS is born.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: s/o TV watching - question

• Options
    I think it was around 8 mo. or so that Brooke started liking the songs from the Wiggles.  Part of our bedtime routine was watching some Wiggles songs and I'd sing to her and do the motions, which she liked.  Other shows like Barney she doesn't care for.  She really likes Play with me Sesame though, she has a major crush on Elmo.
  • Options
    Katherine started to attend to the TV for short periods of time at about 18 months and that was mostly songs which is why the Wiggles are so popular in this house. Even at 26 months she doesn't "watch a show." She might watch 5 to 10 minutes of Elmo's World or a segment of a show but she doesn't watch much beyond a few minutes here and there. When she hears a song she will run over and watch and dance but she still isn't following a story from start to finish.  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Charlie had zero interest in anything on TV until my co-worker gave him a dancing Brobee doll. It was all over after that, he's now obsessed with Yo Gabba Gabba!. He still won't watch anything else, except Pardon the Interruption. He asks for it by name, which cracks me up. I think he likes the masks.
    Charlie 8.06.08
    Emeline 5.28.13

My Blog

Post-Baby PRs
    Esri 5K 7.16.2014 - 21:30
    Heart Half Marathon 3.16.2014 - 1:43:30
    Canton City Marathon 9.8.14 - 3:30:56
  • Options
    Justin was just about 2 when he would actually watch a Barney or a Thomas episode for 20 minutes or so.  Barney was always on here right after Tyler was born, and it was our saving grace many times.
    Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • Options
    around 18 months, she started watching shows closely. she loves the wiggles, glee songs, sid the science kid, mickey mouse clubhouse, word world.
  • Options

I would say Rylee was about 18 months old.

Parker will just now sit down for very short periods of time at 23 months

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"