Natural Birth

I just called The Farm!

My dr. had threatened induction bc of GD & we've been discussing that for a few days in other posts.  Last night, I startd having Braxton Hicks (or possibly early labor, if I'm lucky) that were pretty intense and they lasted until way past 3am.  I finally got to sleep, exhausted, and I have slept in all day.  When I woke up, I freaked out bc I was up for a little while and the baby wasn't moving.  He usually break dances full time, and I'd been reading scary literature about stillborns at 39 weeks for GD, so I was starting to panic bc I couldn't feel him.  I have a Dr apt in an hour and baby is kicking me like he usually does, he must have been sleepy, too.  OMG, so scary, I can't even write about it, it's too upsetting.  I'm still having some kind of contraction/cramping.  Idk is they are B-H or what, but they are pretty intense and not stopping when I change posistions.  Last night, it was more intense, though. 

I actually called the Farm, (from Ina may Gaskin's books) to ask them some questions, and the midwife who answered the phone was so warm and helpful. I wish I was having my baby there!!!   She wasn't happy with the idea of induction at 39-40 weeks, either, so that's reassuring. I asked for her recommendation, and she suggested that I ask for a biophysical profile first to see how the baby is doing.  I've done fetal monitoring the last 2 wks, but not had another ultrasound since 20wks. 

So, now, I have this warm feeling, from speaking to this sweet woman at The Farm. I just wanted to share that, bc I didn't expect to get to talk to anyone or get any read advice when  called!  She sounded doubtful that the baby was coming this early, but I'm trying to be optimistic, bc I don't want to imagine feeling uncomfortable cramps/contractions like this for 2-3 more weeks and then going in for an induction!  I need to try not to stress, any way he comes is going to be fine...

Re: I just called The Farm!

• Aw, that's great! I know the feeling about the scary GD-related panic. I can't tell you how many times I would shake my belly or go eat something when DS was sleeping just so I wouldn't panic. Plus with your cramps/contractions, it sounds like your LO is going to be working on coming sooner rather than later, GL!
  • That is awesome!  I'm glad you were able to talk to someone. 

I hope the contractions settle down for you.  Also I hope baby comes closer to 40 weeks but before there is any reason to induce!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you, OP? I realized it wasn't in your post.
  • That's great that you had a nice call with The Farm. I didn't know they took calls like that.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As a fellow GD mom, I feel your pain!  I am truly truly stressed at the idea of being induced especially if LO is doing well, but I'm also scared about the dangers to him.  The thing is, if your GD is well-controlled than you shouldn't have to worry much about the risks of GD.  You have much less of a chance of dealing with any of them. 

I'm glad you called The Farm and were helped.  I wish I was delivering there as well!

Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • I knew you were talking about Ina Gaskin's farm!  I just want to wish you good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's so cool! I must be a natural-birth-geek, because to me, that's like meeting a huge celebrity! I think I'd be all giggly and excited like a teenage girl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemissfire:
    That's so cool! I must be a natural-birth-geek, because to me, that's like meeting a huge celebrity! I think I'd be all giggly and excited like a teenage girl.

Yea, this for me, too! I seriously considered going there since it is about 5 hours from my home, but we decided not to. I think if I couldn't find a MW who would take a VBAC here then I would have. Absolutely!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"