Baby Showers

XP: etiquette ? re: friend's 2nd shower

So I am in a mom's group and this is probably around the 5th mom to have #2.  None of the other 2nd time moms have had showers.  We all get invite for a shower, for boy #2, with a registry at BRU (including items for the older boy) as well as a little envelope should anyone want to contribute to their "gift tree". 

Most of the other moms are not going (is what I've heard).  I feel bad, but I don't really want to go either.  I'm not particularly close with this girl, and there's tons more things I'd rather do on a Saturday morning to be honest.  Some other friends are throwing it for her, so hopefully there will be family and other folks we don't know attending.

My question: do I still have to get her a gift if I RSPV no? I didn't get any of the other 2nd time moms gifts (we all made a dinner schedule to drop off dinners for the families when they had #2).  And I don't really expect or want a gift from her when I have DD in March.

WWYD? Reply no and leave it at that?  Or reply no and bring a gift to her later?  Or reply yes out of guilt since no one else from our group is going to show?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: XP: etiquette ? re: friend's 2nd shower

• I agree with the PP, RSVP no and just bring her some meals after the baby comes. Do the same for her that you would do for other moms in your group.

Also, I can't believe she put items for her other child on the registry! WTH was she thinking?

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • RSVP no and you don't need to give a gift. As this is by other friends and you all don't do showers for 2nd babies, I'm sure she won't be expectging you all to be there anyhow.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Wow.

You're totally in the clear to RSVP no, skip the gift, and it would be a nice gesture to still do dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do the same you have done for every other second time mom in the group. Why should you feel responsible for representing the group when no one else is going?
  • imageBLM10:
    Do the same you have done for every other second time mom in the group. Why should you feel responsible for representing the group when no one else is going?

This.  I'd RSVP no and bring her a meal. 

Tacky tacky tacky.

Sadie is not impressed.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "This ribbon has been reported." - lovesnina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"