Washington Babies

Name Question

This week I was out of town at training, and I met a man name Theron. I'd never heard that name before so it caught my attention. Being that we are TTC I find myself paying closer attention to names lately. I'm not sure how I feel about it. My first reaction was it sounded kind of feminine. I know some of you ladies are name experts so I thought I would see what you think. I can't decide if I like it or not. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Name Question

• I'm no name expert, but I really like it!  Which means, of course, that my H would hate it! :)
    M + K = 05.16.09 | A.P. = 02.27.11
  • imageMrsKatie:
    I'm no name expert, but I really like it!  Which means, of course, that my H would hate it! :)

That sounds familiar. My H and I have discussed names here and there...and I can tell it's going to be a challenge for us!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm no name expert, but I'm not a fan. It's not the worst name in the world, it's just NMS.
    photo 2d6f681a-40e8-42e5-a771-5a26c7ad29fe_zpsdce5d654.jpg Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I did that too when we were coming up with names during both pregnancies!

I sang in a Church choir in college with an older lady named Tharon (spelled differently but I'm guessing it's the same name). It sounds like a name that could work either way :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagecari12:

I did that too when we were coming up with names during both pregnancies!

I sang in a Church choir in college with an older lady named Tharon (spelled differently but I'm guessing it's the same name). It sounds like a name that could work either way :)

I constantly have babies on the brain, so it's almost natural for me to start really paying attention to names. Lucky for me in my job I meet lots of people so I'm hoping I get some good ideas. 

It does sound like Theron can go either way. I think for me it just seems more feminine...not sure why.

• Theron Zahn is a newscaster on KOMO TV I think... I think it's fine.  It's not my style really, but I dont' find it objectionable.  I dont' think it sounds like a girl name though.  I think it sounds neutral
  • I feel indifferent to it and could go either way, but it does make me think of Charlize Theron.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • NMS, but not awful.  Makes me think of a Far Side cartoon involving dinosaurs, one of which was named Theron.  Weird, I know.  I do think it could work for either gender, though.

image Visit The Nest!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"