TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Oing & heart palpitations...& scary Dr. Internet (long, sorry!)

Sorry to be such a PW this morning.

This is the second month in a row where my heart has felt "funny" right around O time.  Last month, I had full-blown palpitations (for several hours overnight & badly enough that I almost went to the hospital).  Then, a few days ago, I started feeling weird again...like the palpitations might come back.  So I've been pushing the Gatorade & water to stay hydrated, eating bananas for potassium & trying to rest.  So far, I'm doing okay, though the weird feeling hasn't totally passed yet.

I found it odd that this has happened right around O time both times.  (The only other episode I ever had was during vet school, but it was after finals & a night of drinking red wine at a party, so lots of possible precipitating reasons.)  I don't feel like these are panic attacks (though worrying about the palpitations I'm sure doesn't help).  I know I need to get to a doctor, but I'm between insurances right now (under DH's plan, I'm covered starting in January) & I'm trying to hold out to keep us from even more financial strain.

When I googled "ovulation" & "heart palpitations", the recurring theme was perimenopause.  **GASP**  The logic being that as it gets harder & harder for you to O, your body has to produce more & more FSH & estrogen to make it happen.  Those higher hormone levels can lead to palpitations & other side effects.  

Oh God, I hope this isn't what's going on.  I'm 33 years old.  

Has anyone else had these symptoms or do you know anything else about this???  

I'm definitely going to get checked out (maybe even by a cardiologist) as soon as my insurance kicks in, at the very latest.  But any input before then would be really helpful...

Thanks for reading.  You guys are the best.  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Oing & heart palpitations...& scary Dr. Internet (long, sorry!)

• Options

Hugs. That sounds a little scary. That being said:

Step away from the Google. It is only giving you more anxiety. Instead,  let your Dr. know.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree, stop self-diagnosing!  Would it maybe put your mind at ease to take one of those First Response FSH tests on CD3? 
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBabyMimi:

Hugs. That sounds a little scary. That being said:

Step away from the Google. It is only giving you more anxiety. Instead,  let your Dr. know.

Thank you, Mimi.  I didn't post on here about this last month because I know I need to go to a doctor.  I was hoping it wouldn't happen again & I could wait.  I already warned DH that if it got scary I was going to go to the ER & we could work out the financial issues later.  But I know there are some (human!) nurses on here who might know a thing or two about this, or women who may have gone through something similar.  

But you're totally right.  I just need to relax & focus on good CM & take care of myself AWAY from Dr. Google.  ;)  Thank you again!!!    

• Options

imageBBHME:
    I agree, stop self-diagnosing!  Would it maybe put your mind at ease to take one of those First Response FSH tests on CD3? 

Oooh!  What a good idea!  If this month doesn't work out, I will try to find one.  (I'm guessing Wal-Mart or CVS might have them?  We're in the sticks out here, so not a lot of good options closeby.)  

Thank you BBHME!  (And congrats on your little boy!)  :)   

• Options
    imageClerk9:

imageBBHME:

Oooh!  What a good idea!  If this month doesn't work out, I will try to find one.  (I'm guessing Wal-Mart or CVS might have them?  We're in the sticks out here, so not a lot of good options closeby.)  

Thank you BBHME!  (And congrats on your little boy!)  :)   

Thanks.  Walmart or CVS will both have them.  Last I knew, FRER was also putting a free sample fert test in their HPT boxes (which is a super good deal - the suckers are expensive). 

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • Options

i get heart palpitations but it usually occurs before af.  I also got them alot in the first tri. of each pregnancy. 

I know i get them b/c i had to wear a holter monitor before and i can see them on the report (i work for a company that we analyze holter monitor strips and ekgs). 

When you do get insurance again i guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to see your doc and they would most likely send you for an ekg etc....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 8.15.07 NATHAN 6.13.09 - 6.14.09 WYATT born 32w3d Gone too soon, RIP. 4.21.10 BFP - missed m/c - D&C on 5.27.10. 1.31.11 BFP - 1st cycle IUI + Follistim + Trigger (2 mature follies)Beta 1 @ 13dpiui: 199 Beta 2 @ 15dpiui: 527 10.7.11 ELIANA(Ellie)ROSE (39w3d)Team Green turned Team Pink - VBAC & ALL NATURAL 6lbs 11oz 19 &1/2in
  • Options

BBHME:  Thanks you for the tip(s)!  That really does help me to feel like I can at least gather more information before going to the doctor, which always makes me feel better.  (Most of us doctors are, weirdly, really bad patients ourselves!)

Babes:  I'm glad that it sounds like yours are benign!  My mother has some mild mitral valve prolapse & has had to wear a Holter (which was always normal) since she's had some palpitations, too.  I definitely think it'd be a good test.  I had an ECG with my first incidence during vet school & it was normal (but also taken after the palpitations had subsided).  It must be SO neat to work for a company that interprets those!  Cardio stuff is so complex...but fascinating!  

Thank you again for all your concern & input!  I do feel better.  :)    

• Options

You need to back away from Google and call your doctor.  I am sure that you will get better answers from them.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    ((HUGS)) That's scary! I get heart palpitations sometimes but I haven't paid attention to what CD it is.  I hope the dr.'s able to ease your fears.
  • Options
    Step away from Dr. Google tsk tsk
  • Options

I personally haven't had heart palpitations, but DH used to get them all of the time.

Have you cut caffeine totally out of your diet? I know for my DH caffeine totally did the trick. He went to the cardiologist to get things checked out just to be safe and that is what he said. As soon as he kicked the caffeine it stopped. He still gets them once or twice a month if he eats too much chocolate, but that's about it.

BFP#1 {Cashew} - 9.19.09 EDD 5.26.10
    The day you first lay in my arms, you made my life complete.
    Aurora Rose born sleeping at 35w on 4-21-10
    BFP#2 {Almond} - 2.1.11 EDD 10.12.11 C/P 2.11.11

• Options
    imageCashewsMommy:

I personally haven't had heart palpitations, but DH used to get them all of the time.

Have you cut caffeine totally out of your diet? I know for my DH caffeine totally did the trick. He went to the cardiologist to get things checked out just to be safe and that is what he said. As soon as he kicked the caffeine it stopped. He still gets them once or twice a month if he eats too much chocolate, but that's about it.

Hmmm...caffeine yes, chocolate not so much.  ;)  Maybe I will just cut out the chocolate around O time.  

Thank you for this suggestion!   

• Options

imagesurfergirlkona:
    Step away from Dr. Google tsk tsk

:P

I knooow.  Please feel free to slap my wrists, too.  I've been a naughty girl.

...oooh.  Maybe I could parlay this into FWP with DH later?  ;)  

Tee hee.   

• Options
    I would step away from the google. Once the insurance kicks in make an appt with the dr and they may send you for an ekg.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    If it helps, I'm 26 and since I started tracking my ovulation (at 24) I've ALWAYS always always always gotten heart palpitations around O. I took that home FSH test and the results came back fine.
  • Options

imagelindsay.lou:
    If it helps, I'm 26 and since I started tracking my ovulation (at 24) I've ALWAYS always always always gotten heart palpitations around O. I took that home FSH test and the results came back fine.

Lindsay, it totally helps!  Thank you for sharing.  I think I'm going to try the FSH test next CD3, if this cycle doesn't work out.

AND I hope you're doing well, Missy!  How are you feeling?  Congratulations again!!!  :)   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"