Washington Babies

Date night- torn

My hubby has been wanting to go on a date night for quite a while now.  On one hand I really want to but on the other I don't want to miss out on time with DS.  I see him about 30min in the morning and he is probably awake 2-2.5hrs in the evening.  So weekend time with him is very precious.  I feel really bad that I keep saying no.  My mom will watch him so babysitting is not the issue.

I just agreed to go to Stomp in a few weeks, part of me wants to but bigger part of me does not.  Anyone else feel like this?

Thanks.

Re: Date night- torn

• I think date nights are very important.  Having a good relationship with your husband helps make your whole family better, in my opinion.  I'd do it if I were you.  But, since I stay at home, I don't deal with the limited time like you do, so I know I'm not in the same situation. 
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • I am in the same boat as you. Seeing my son so little, every minute counts right now. That said, your marriage counts too - and you need to nurture that relationship to make your family better all around.

My husband and I have a "date night" every Friday. Even if it's just pizza and watching our DVR'd movies while our son is with Grandma - we use that time to catch up on "us" rather than the world revolving around our baby.

I say DO IT!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat, so I understand!  Maybe go just out just after his bedtime for a late dinner?

Jen - Mom to Jillian (10/2008) and Hayden (4/2010)

My Blog

• Consider your time with DH precious too.  How much time have you guys spent together?  If it's none, then you need to go on a date night.  I am terrible atthis too, but if my mom lived here and could watch the boys, I'd be out of here in a heart beat having dates at least once a month. 
  • Thanks Ladies, you are right we need time together as well. We are going to go see Stomp and I am sure have a great time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"