Austin Babies
Options

fun halloween baking to do w/ kids

I was googling this morning for something to do with the boys and came across this recipe.  It was stuff I had in the house and the boys had fun helping.  Just thought I'd share!

Black Cat Cookies

1 box chocolate cake mix

1 cup peanut butter (i used 1/2 crunchy 1/2 smooth)

1/3 cup water

2 eggs

m&m's/red hots/twizzlers... whatever candy you want for decoration 

Beat eggs, water and pb until mixed.  Slowly add in cake mix.  Form into 1in balls and flatten a bit.  The recipe said to use 2 m&m's for eyes, a red hot for nose and then use a fork to press in whiskers.  Pinch out two ears at the top with fingers.  Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.

I didn't use a nose, I had those pull apart twizzlers in my candy basket so I cut them up and made whiskers.   

(these are photos of the ones I made... the boys' didn't really look like blacks cats but they sure had fun decorating them!) 

Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
WEB

Re: fun halloween baking to do w/ kids

• Options

Cute! Here you go.

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/ticiabrown/IMG_4858.jpg

https://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h129/ticiabrown/IMG_4854.jpg

Kimberly, DH Monte, Angel baby 10/06, Angel twin 7/07, Rhett Kaden, our IVF miracle, born 3/23/08, Mason Robert & Wyatt David, our FET miracles, born 8/2/09 at 36 weeks, 3 days
    Our Blog

• Options

cute!

I'll try to pip for you :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

man- you guys are fast!  it took me like 20 minutes.  Is it my Mac or Safari?  When I switched over to Firefox, I was able to post the photo but only after I did it in HTML.  Am I doing something wrong??

thanks again!!

Jacob David (01/07), Matthew Isaac (12/08) & Kasey Elise (9/10)
    WEB
  • Options

I have a mac, and I use firefox.  :)

I just view the image  by clicking on control and the image. Then I copy the url and put it in the tree box :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Those sound yummy and look so cute.. but peanut butter? :sobs:

And it just occurred to me that once Cam is of real trick-or-treating age, a peanut allergy is going to make Halloween a big fat PITA. Sad Hadn't thought of that one before...  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"