Upstate NY Babies
Options

Iron re-check

Gavin had his 6 month re-check this morning for his iron.  He's been really good about taking his vitamin and his eating seems to be getting better, and I was so happy to hear them say his iron looks great now!  

He also did really well (for the first time) letting him check his ears and mouth, etc.  He's still tiny...26lbs with clothes, jacket, and shoes on.  They gave him the flu-mist and he cried when I told them they were going to put medicine in his nose, but was fine while they were administering it.  I love good check-ups! 

Re: Iron re-check

• Options

what vitamins do you give him? E's iron was borderline low at his 1 yr, so they are doing a recheck at his 18mo. But he will NOT take the liquid vitamins w/ iron. I've tried mixing them in just about everything, and he spits it right out (not that I can blame him, they smell terrible!)

Hopefully all the green veggies I've been sneaking into his eggs and grilled cheese is helping. And I bought some baby cereal w/ added iron that I've been mixing w/ his yogurt everyday.

• Options
    When they first told us to give him vitamins, he refused to take them so we had to do the liquid ones.  I put them in a cup of orange juice...but I know not everyone is ok with giving LO orange juice.  One night Daddy asked him to take his vitamin and he did...what he has over him that I don't, I have no idea! :)  Now, he takes half a Flinstone vitamin with iron every night with dinner.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"