Georgia Babies
Options

Uh oh- re: Halloween Costume

We got Gavin this cowboy/pony costume:image

Cute, right?  We've been talking about it all week and he seemed excited about it.  Except that he FREAKED out when I tried to put it on him tonight.  Wasn't really that he didn't like it, but just didn't want to put it on.  So I gave him a little time and thought maybe he's just being a 2 year old.  But I just asked him if wants to wear his pony suit and he said no.  I asked him what he wants to wear to go trick or treating at school tomorrow and he says "Dora."  Ummm, no son.  That is not a choice.  Any ideas for how to convince him to wear this thing?

Re: Uh oh- re: Halloween Costume

• Options
    I had the same issue with Nate with a Thomas costume. All he could say Gordon, Henry James...No Thomas.  Um yeah they don't make those.  So one day just casual I started taking off his clothes and said lets put on Thomas.  he was so into Mickey he didn't notice and then he loved it.  Maybe if he was in the zone with a TV show he might not notice you doing it?
  • Options

I hate to say this, but you should have started trying to put him in earlier, at least that is our trick!  hahahahaha  I always start these things way early to get them used to it, remember the elf costume with the hat?  yeah, he wore that hat around the house for about a month before it was time for him to wear it for pictures!  anyway, to late for that.  and I'm really sorry, I'm going through something similar this year, Finn wants to be Iron Man instead of the family costume.  I've got both and I've been letting him wear Iron Man all day every day if he wants in the hopes that he'll get sick of it by the time the party rolls around on Saturday and I'm also hoping that once he sees me, daddy and Riley in our family costume that he'll want in on the gig!  but just keep trying, maybe bribe him with something!  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No ideas, but man, that is one adorable costume!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just do whatever you have to to get him in that costume!!! I've got to see pics!!
    Abigail Taylor 09.18.2008

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I LOVE  that costume. I'd go for bribery...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekbowman78:
    I LOVE  that costume. I'd go for bribery...
    Yep, this is what I eventually had to do this morning. A little candy did the trick :-) Also it helped that all of his friends at daycare were wearing their costumes. Nothing like a little peer pressure motivation!

• Options
    No suggestions here but I am about to cry I am laughing so hard!!  HAHAHAHA~

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"