Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

C/P..questions to ask RE?

Hey ladies. This is my first post on this board...I found out yesterday that my first pregnancy was a chemical pregnancy. I was 4w3d. DH and I have been trying for 2.5 years and we have been with our RE for almost a year and a half now. I have PCOS and a high (for my age) FSH level and I also had a uterine mass removed in August 2009. DH had low morph and after seeing a uro, he had surgery to repair his double varicocele. Now his morph is normal.

My beta was on the 20th and because I'm always at work when I get the results, I test the night before. When I tested I had two positives. The next morning (beta day) I tested again and got two negatives. That's when I first had a feeling this pregnancy probably wouldn't end well. My beta on the 20th was 17 so it was low and my progesterone was also low so we upped my dosage of suppositories. I started bleeding the next day. My second beta on the 22nd had increased to 27 so it was an appropriate increase given it was only two days but my progesterone had dropped so I started doing 3 suppositories/day and added in PIO shots. I bled quite a bit over the weekend and my third beta, this past Monday (which was my birthday) had only increased to 32 so we knew it was over. My 4th beta was yesterday and it was already negative.

My RE is supposed to call me sometime today to discuss this cycle, the pregnancy, the loss, what may have went wrong (but I've been around the IF block enough times to know there really aren't any answers) and make plans for our future cycles. If this cycle was unsuccessful our plan was to do another lap in January (my 4th..I'm very prone to large, dangerous cysts on my ovaries) before cycling again. My DH is a college coach and his season is in the spring so it is impossible for us to cycle during that time so we were looking at cycling again in June/July. Now I'm not sure what I want to do. I was pretty much over TTC and IF running my life for the past 2.5 years prior to this hellish cycle and now I really feel like I'm over it. But DH wants to continue trying. 

Does anyone know of any questions I should ask my RE today? I'll ask about karyotyping and RPL but I doubt they'll do it after one loss. Although, last October I did have a + HPT the night before my beta and my beta the next morning was negative. Possibly another chemical? But other than that, I really don't have any questions or anything. I know she can't really give me any answers.

That's our story...I'm so sorry that any of us have to be here. 

TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

Re: C/P..questions to ask RE?

• Options
    I'm so sorry you've gone through this. I also had a chemical this time, but I also had lining issues leading up to the cycle so I wasn't surprised. By all accounts I should've had success--my clinic has a 77% success rate with donor eggs and my donor was 25 years old. Sometimes it's just bad luck. I will be interested in hearing what your RE says (mine is on vacation so my WTF is delayed).
    Forty-something TTC since 12/2007 3 failed IVFs DE cycle #1: BFP then D&E at 12 weeks due to neural tube defect DE cycle #2: Chemical FET #1: BFN Lining issues, pursuing adoption
  • Options

Hugs. I'm sorry. I was really hoping this was the one for you.

I had a c/p earlier this month. The RE was unfazed by it and let me start in on CD3 with stims (didn't respond, but oh well). There wasn't any additional testing or anything.

Sadly, there isn't much that can be tested after one C/P...just due to how freaking common they are. I read anywhere up to 50% of pregnancies end in a chemical...it's just that many women don't even know they are PG.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"