Two Under 2
Options

if you planned baby #2

Were you 100% sure?  DH is so ready for #2 and I do want my kids to be close in age, but... I'm so much less sure than I was the first time.  I think it's partly knowing how tough the first few months with a newborn are, but mostly I'm so worried about how this might negatively affect DD.  (Being tired during pregnancy, taking care of a newborn when she's still little herself, etc.)

Do you think this means I'm just not ready yet or am I going to feel this way whenever we have #2?

TIA!

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*

Re: if you planned baby #2

• Options

We planned DS2, and not DD3. I was so sure I was ready for number two, but when he came, I was a frazzled mess, and we sort of wondered WTF did we do!

DD was a sneaky surprise. I was NOT ready for another, but we had IF for the first two, so she was welcome and wanted, just not planned. It took me a bit to get used to the idea, but she has been a wonderful addition to our family. 

You are never truly Ready to add to your family, no matter how much you plan. I can say this though, I can not picture my family any other way. 

• Options
    Our #2 was planned. In the back of my mind, I knew I was a little crazy, but I also knew it was what we wanted and that eventually the crazy would become normal ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby #2 was planned for us, but I wont say I was 100% ready. I think the second time you know what you are getting into...and you are making decisions that will affect your other LO. But in the end, I am so, so glad we made the decision that we did! I love it!
  • Options
    We planned DD2.....we knew we wanted one more and knew we didn't want to wait too long and that there was no real "good" time as I'm still trying to finish school.  But after we got pregnant, which was about 2 weeks after we decided to go for it......we freaked!  I never thought about how close the girls would be in age (seems dumb but I didn't think about how hard it would be!).  Anyhow a few months into the pregnancy I became more settled and couldn't wait to meet our sweet little baby #3.  And it has been the greatest joy of my life to watch my girls together, and watch their brother with them as well!  Love my babies and couldn't have asked for things to have turned out better.  Even when I haven't showered in two days!  :) 
    Snuggling after a nap! Claira 2 yrs and Sophia 11 months Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

thanks ladies!  I'm so glad to hear that it's normal to be scared!  The first time I wanted a baby SO bad, I was 110% sure.  It's nice to know that it can work out so well even if you're a little more hesitant the 2nd time!

DD february 2010 | DS october 2011

*please excuse my typos, bumping from my iphone*
  • Options

We were 100% sure, even before DS was born and our feelings didnt change. However, I was DREADING being pregnant again. If it were up to DH, I would have been pregnant even sooner. He was ready to go after my 6 week checkup! Now that I am getting closer to the end, I am definitely worried about the logistics of everything working. I figure our decision is not going to pay off until the kids are older-like 4 and 5. The next couple of years are going to be a struggle with having 2 kids that are dependent of me, but we'll get through it and probably even have some fun along the way. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, DS2 was planned, and they ended up 2 years & 2 days apart. We LOVE LOVE LOVE it, and are already planning to TTC # 3 when DS2 is 1 year old. Even though he was planned, I did have several moments throughout my pregnancy where I wondered WTF did I do. Not because I wasn't excited about the new baby, but more because I was so nervous to change DS1's life, and was sad about ending my alone time with him. Pregnancy with a toddler was hard (he was around 16 months when I got my BFP) so I actually think it would be easier with a baby your age. FWIW, DS1 has had not one single moment of jealousy. He loved his baby brother from the start.
    Aidan Jake 7/25/08 Cooper Cole 7/27/10 Tessa Morgan 8/9/12
  • Options
    I was sure and even though it's kinda hard right now I still think we made the right decision. I'm glad we had them so close. DD loves her little sister and we just make things work somehow lol. There are challenges and advantages to ANY age difference.
    2 losses
    2 beautiful children
    proud mommy!
  • Options
    We weren't 100% and although we weren't trying we weren't preventing either. This pg is a welcomed surprise, lol. DH had been thinking the day before I got a BFP that he wanted to add to our family.
    Anniversary
    *photo removed*
  • Options
    It will be hard at first, but well worth having them close in the long run.  They will be best friends, when you go on vacation they will be into the same things so it will be nice after the first year!!
    10 MONTHS APART AND LOVIN IT! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageimage
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has had the panic thoughts of WTF did i do?? I'm just about 16 weeks pregnant with my 2nd, DS will be 22 months when DC2 will be born. I'm terrified out of my mind even though this was planned.. DS is starting his terrible 2's a little early and when we planned, he was like your dream child. so I'm scared how he'll react, plus i work from home, i wonder how I'll do it without getting a sitter (i answer phones for a dog training company, most days i get maybe 10 calls a day so it's not a hectic job but still)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"