Georgia Babies

First haircut...how do I do this?

Cason is 14 months old. I feel like he's too young to cut his hair, but it is literally hanging down into his eyes now. Did you take your LO for a cut or do it yourself? I can't see taking him somewhere without him going ballistic, but I'm scared if I do it myself, he'll end up looking terrible.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: First haircut...how do I do this?

• I cut Geneva's hair myself. I'd sit her on a footstool right in front of Yo Gabba Gabba, wrap a towel around her shoulders, and give her a sucker.

At first, she was a little weirded out by the scissors being so close to her head, but she's an old pro now. I don't even need the sucker. :)

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kegkeg member
    I took DDs fpr their first haircut around 16 months.  I didn't even attempt to do it myself because I have no clue what I'm doing.  We went to Miss Lisa's Cuts for Kids and she did a fabulous job and both girls did well--neither one freaked out and one even sat really still for the entire time.  The other one is busier to start with, but Miss Lisa still did a great job with her squirming some.  She has a race car chair for them to sit in and plays kid friendly DVDs.  https://mslisacutsforkids.com/
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • We took Brady to get his first haircut just a few weeks after he turned 1.  It was hanging down in his eyes and since the sides and back are curly it looked like he had wings.  Before that, though, DH did a few trims of the back and around the ears.  As long as there is something to distract him he should do fine.

We went to Snip Its at the East Cobb Avenues. 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • KLB-Cason's hair is the same way. It is curly on the sides and back and it flips out on the sides right now, especially if he wears a hat. It looks hilarious. Def. time to get his big boy haircut!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekbowman78:

KLB-Cason's hair is the same way. It is curly on the sides and back and it flips out on the sides right now, especially if he wears a hat. It looks hilarious. Def. time to get his big boy haircut!

Aw, he's going to look like such a big boy!  Good luck! 

Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • I watched a video on You Tube on how to cut a boy's hair. Although it took way longer than I expected, it actually looked good.
  • I don't think 14 months is too early at all!  I got Ethan's hair cut at 8 or 9 months old I think, it just didn't look good since it was all straight and hanging over this ears and eyes.  So even though it did make him seem more "big boy" at a young age, it looked SO much better. 
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Bailey has had his haircut 6 times in his life already and he still cries but it's getting better now that we go to Miss Lisa in Decatur. Yep I drive to decatur to get my boy's haircut. She does a great job and really does well with my crying little boy. I would never dream of doing it myself but that's just me. Bailey is way to wiggly for that and Miss Lisa is quick but good. He keeps better everytime we go to see her.
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I took Ava to Pigtails & Crewcuts @ 18 months old and I highly recommended them.  I thought Ava would freak out b/c she doesn't like to have her hair messed with or even shampooed.  I can't even but a bow in it but she sat still and did a great job.  I was shocked!

photo bigsister032_zps1fdfe81e.jpgLilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"