Working Moms
Options

Posted on 3-6 too....

I'm going to try to make this short: 

I was planning on finding a part-time job.  Instead I found a fantastic full-time job.  They want me full-time, and I'm afraid if I ask about being part-time, I will blow the opportunity.  

The job is 5 minutes from my house, is all around perfect for me, great pay, benefits, etc.   

My question to you ladies is, if you had the chance to work only part-time (meaning your family could afford it although you'd obviously bring home less $), would you give up the full time job in a heartbeat?  Am I crazy for considering leaving my toddler and baby all day every day if I don't absolutely have to?  If you work full-time, do you feel like your work-home balance is manageable?

Keep in mind that if I ask about part-time I could lose the full-time opportunity and have to start over looking for a part-time job in this awful market... 

I am so so torn!  Thanks for any input. 

Re: Posted on 3-6 too....

• Options

I say give it a try.  If after a few months you feel it isn't working out for you then you can go back to looking for something part time.  You never know until you try!

Good luck!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• Options

I agree, I'd give it a try. It sounds like a great job.

Is life always in a balance...no. I won't lie, there are some days that are crazy busy and there are some days I feel totally in the swing of things....you just take things as they come. Some things are less important now, my house isn't as clean, etc. But my kids love their daycare and I don't feel like I'm 'missing out' too much since they have so much fun with their friends, etc there.

I'd say take the job and then either decide if you want to stay full time or ask for a part time one later once you've been there awhile if they seem open to the idea. Otherwise you can always keep looking.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"