Trying to Get Pregnant

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Oops forgot my confessions:

1. I made the coffee 1/2 decaf this morning and didn't tell DH. He just told me the coffee is "really good" so I am not telling him. It would completely ruin it for him, and it is so much more convenient to not have to make coffee 2 ways. 

2. I have been messing around on FF and this board for a half hour and I have TONS of work to do. I feel like such a bad person, but they gave me files to do that were already late and that kind of makes me mad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers pregnancy calendar
  • imageeesome:
    I was getting ready for my work Halloween Party this morning, and am going as "Joe Dirt". That includes the wig, sideburns, mustaches, etc.  I got all dressed up and ready to go, and decided it would be hilarious to mess with DH (he was unaware of my costume). I go into our dark bedroom and start massaging his shoulders. He says "Ooooo...that feels nice." He then rolls over and sees me in my gear, and about has a heart attack! He screamed and jumped up out of bed. Mean? Maybe. Priceless? Yes!

BAHAHAHAHA! That is awesome!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I really dislike INDIVIDUAL cycle updates.

I dont' mind the group ones as much... waiting to O etc..

but when every single person feels like they have to announce CD 1 or O day or 5 dpo... 6dpo... CH"s .. It really gets on my nerves.

Also, it bothers me that people don't look for the answers to their question before they ask it. So many answers are in either the newbie faq post, the ff faq post, or peeonastick.com, that it makes me crazy.

• imagefaydre:

I really dislike INDIVIDUAL cycle updates.

but when every single person feels like they have to announce CD 1 or O day or 5 dpo... 6dpo... CH"s .. It really gets on my nerves.

Also, it bothers me that people don't look for the answers to their question before they ask it. So many answers are in either the newbie faq post, the ff faq post, or peeonastick.com, that it makes me crazy.

This. I am pretty new here too, but I feel like I never need to post questions because I can always find the answer myself! So for the most part I just reply to other threads.

My FFFC: (not TTGPR) I really dislike how I get a hundred people a day to my blog and usually only 1 or 2 people will comment. And, so many friends and family will tell me in person that they love my blog, but yet I had no idea they even read it! I don't know why I feel like I need to be validated. I know it's stupid and petty, that's why I posted it under FFFC.

ETA: One more sentence for your reading pleasure.

• imageRicola:

My FFFC:

I am tired of posters that are feeding trolls on this board. When somone posts only to start drama, just ignore it. They will be bored quickly and just go away. I know that that is less entertaining, but a couple of threads this week went on for way too long. Beating a dead horse is no fun.

I really couldn't agree with you more. 

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• My confession is I have been putting off working out all week! I was planning on going today after work but I am "all made up" in my I love lucy halloween costume and it would be easier to just go home as opposed to changing and trying to take off all this makeup and my fake eyelases to go work out....ugh excuses excuses
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelacey0482:

My FFFC: (not TGGPR) I really dislike how I get a hundred people a day to my blog and usually only 1 or 2 people will comment. And, so many friends and family will tell me in person that they love my blog, but yet I had no idea they even read it! I know it's stupid and petty, that's why I posted it under FFFC.

Oh my gosh, this happens to me all the time, too, and I HATE it!  If you're going to come tell me you read and enjoyed, why can't you leave a comment?  I even put a Facebook "like" button on my blog, and people won't even click that to let me know they read/liked!  

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMySweetBaboo:

I am tired of everyone telling someone with 5 posts who thinks their pg to test and keep us updated.

Topics titles that end with "Batman" annoy the crap out of me!Stick out tongue

I agree. I feel like some of the newer people are rubbing it in our face. I know that may not be the case but when I see their BFP post 5 times in 2 days, it gets to be a little much. 

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• imageRicola:
    imageKathy4678:

Mine is that I'm 1000% over the "Am I preggo??" posts that have been waaaaay too frequent this week. I will never understand why anyone would come ask a message board that they have rarely ever used before if they are pregnant.

And this!  Yes

Also the "Pee pushers, come tell me that I should test!" posts. Just pee on that darn stick already!

This a hundred times!  We are all grown women on this board... if you want to/don't want to POAS, POAS (or don't)!

I also hate the, "Talk me out of POAS Ladies!" posts.  If you want to POAS way too early and waste your money go for it... just don't be disappointed and come crying to the board later.

My FFFC: Since I found a website that sells 100 pregancy tests for $15.00 in Canada I've started PIAC starting at 7DPO every cycle (and no, I don't ask for permission Stick out tongue)

TTC since August 2009
    June/July 2011 - IVF #1 - Transfer cancelled due to OHSS
    23 perfect embryos. All 23 made it to freezing!
    September/October - FET #1 - October 12th - 2 Grade A embies
    October 20th - BFP??! EDD - July 1, 2012
    Beta #1 = 154, Beta #2 = 352 Beta #3 = 3,800
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
    Baby Sweets born on her due date!
  • imagefaydre:

This times at least a million. I have posted one cycle update in my time here and that was at end of Cycle 12 so I was going to be calling the doctor to start testing. The only time I've ever felt my cycle warranted its own post.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • I think my whole month of charting is down the drain because my thermometer died!!!  I was getting really consistent readings, and then they went haywire!!!  Yesterday, it would not come on.  I used a regular digital thermometer for yesterday's temp, and I bought a new BBT yesterday.  I know you are not supposed to use different BBTs, but dang it, I want some answers!!!

I am not a hypochondriac.  I have had a few bad things happen to me which would put my fertility in question, even though the OB says I am fine.  I have always had 28 day cycles for the past 13 years, but then in August I was 12 days "late." Now I am on CD 31.  Why is this happening after 13 years of being consistent???

Also, as a joke, I took an HPT last night, and there was a really faint shadow.  Same this morning.  Am I seeing things?  Evaporation lines even in the allotted 10 minute time frame?  My husband can't see anything.  I know I should wait a few days then test again.  My chart doesn't even show an ovulation clearly, but it is a wonky chart and my thermometer messed up.  I HATE ambiguity!

• imagemaybebride:

Morning, ladies!

Board-related: I wrote a blog post last night in my TTC blog because I was annoyed with some posters, but didn't want to start anything on the board itself. Can we say passive-aggressive?

I know I told you already, but it was a great post. Like always, I couldn't agree with you more on this one.

• I feel like I am too far in this journey to constantly be on TTGP but I don't feel right being on 3T yet because I haven't technically started testing yet. I feel like they would judge me over there which is why I haven't done my intro on 3T yet. I feel like I need some kind of answers before moving over there. Even though I have those feelings, I still constantly lurk over there and will comment on the ladies that I am close with. I hope the ladies over there don't mind!

• imageMillerTime13:

MH needs to lose some weight but I don't know how to tell him without him getting offended.

If you find a way to tell him let me know as MH has gained some weight too. Problem is that I have also so I don't really have a right to say anything.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• I am getting really annoyed by people who start posts (sometimes multiple times a day) but never respond to anyone else's posts.  It makes their posts even more obnoxious and annoying to me than if they were responding to others too. 

I have been in a pretty crappy mood the past couple days and I am feeling down about TTC in general.  It is just my first month, so I have no idea what my problem is.  I just can't seem to get out of this funk.

I am highly annoyed and frustrated with my SD's BM (bio-mom) right now.  She has cancelled, yet again, on SD for both Saturday and Sunday.  BM sucks, and she does this all the time, so it isn't surprising to me.  But it still pi$$es me off. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

BabyFetus Ticker

• Bump burp.

TTC since August 2009
    U/S #2 - November 14th = 133 bpm! U/S #3 & 4 - November 30th and December 7th = 163 bpm! U/S#5 - January 30th - TEAM PINK!!!
  • imagealison2379:

I am always surprsied, and really pretty judgy, when I read a post on here that indicates someone does not have health insurance and is still trying to get pregnant. I actually feel similarly about financial stability. Bringing a baby into the world is no small task and you should have your ducks in a row *before* you start trying.

YES!  i definitely agree!

Married 08/18/07

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagemaybebride:
    imagefaydre:

This times at least a million. I have posted one cycle update in my time here and that was at end of Cycle 12 so I was going to be calling the doctor to start testing. The only time I've ever felt my cycle warranted its own post.

I hate this crap! I'm with you, maybebride. When your cycle is of milestone significance, i.e. one year mark, then it is acceptable to post cycle updates. Unless someone specifically asks or you are posting in one of the group updates, I find it so annoying! That's what tickers and charts linked in siggys are for!

• imageamandaloren:
    My confession is I have been putting off working out all week! I was planning on going today after work but I am "all made up" in my I love lucy halloween costume and it would be easier to just go home as opposed to changing and trying to take off all this makeup and my fake eyelases to go work out....ugh excuses excuses

I have been a slacker with exercise the past week or so too. 

Married 08/18/07

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageansulak:

I think my whole month of charting is down the drain because my thermometer died!!!  I was getting really consistent readings, and then they went haywire!!!  Yesterday, it would not come on.  I used a regular digital thermometer for yesterday's temp, and I bought a new BBT yesterday.  I know you are not supposed to use different BBTs, but dang it, I want some answers!!!

I am not a hypochondriac.  I have had a few bad things happen to me which would put my fertility in question, even though the OB says I am fine.  I have always had 28 day cycles for the past 13 years, but then in August I was 12 days "late." Now I am on CD 31.  Why is this happening after 13 years of being consistent???

Also, as a joke, I took an HPT last night, and there was a really faint shadow.  Same this morning.  Am I seeing things?  Evaporation lines even in the allotted 10 minute time frame?  My husband can't see anything.  I know I should wait a few days then test again.  My chart doesn't even show an ovulation clearly, but it is a wonky chart.  I HATE ambiguity!

Way to sneak this one into FFFC...  oh well, I will stick to the rules Stick out tongue

TTC since August 2009
  • imagealison2379:

I am always surprsied, and really pretty judgy, when I read a post on here that indicates someone does not have health insurance and is still trying to get pregnant. I actually feel similarly about financial stability. Bringing a baby into the world is no small task and you should have your ducks in a row *before* you start trying.

You are not alone!

My FFFC - My SIL just announced yesterday that she is expecting again. MH thinks I'm pissed because we are having trouble, but the reality is that she can't even afford the child she already has. My IL's are paying 50% of her childs day care currently. The kicker, they were TTC! I just don't get it.

My Blog

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

• It is 10:30 and I am already over this work day.  I sent an email to my students to set up a meeting with me not thinking ANY of them would pick a Friday appt, but alas they did and I now have to actually "work". Thank God I get to leave at 2.

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• imageSweets11:
    imageansulak:

I think my whole month of charting is down the drain because my thermometer died!!!  I was getting really consistent readings, and then they went haywire!!!  Yesterday, it would not come on.  I used a regular digital thermometer for yesterday's temp, and I bought a new BBT yesterday.  I know you are not supposed to use different BBTs, but dang it, I want some answers!!!

Also, as a joke, I took an HPT last night, and there was a really faint shadow.  Same this morning.  Am I seeing things?  Evaporation lines even in the allotted 10 minute time frame?  My husband can't see anything.  I know I should wait a few days then test again.  My chart doesn't even show an ovulation clearly, but it is a wonky chart.  I HATE ambiguity!

Way to sneak this one into FFFC...  oh well, I will stick to the rules Stick out tongue

Thank you for sticking to the rules!  Well, why am I all over the place?  My OB cannot seem to give me any answers except to not stress.  I am actually not all that stressed right now.  I experienced stress a few years back, and it never affected my cycle.

I think I am slowly going insane...thanks for not flaming me.  I really cannot take it at this point.  I feel stupid and naive compared to the experienced ladies on here, but aren't we all going through the same thing?

• imageGPhiBGirl:
    I haven't told anyone this (not even DH), but I've mentally started preparing for the idea that we may not ever have kids.  I know we're only on cycle 3 and I know the statistics, but I can't help it.  I keep telling myself the good things about not having kiddos: traveling, living in the city, etc, to make myself feel better. 

I can absolutely respect this. I do something similar.

• imageansulak:
    imageSweets11:
    imageansulak:

Thank you for sticking to the rules!  Well, why am I all over the place?  My OB cannot seem to give me any answers except to not stress.  I am actually not all that stressed right now.  I experienced stress a few years back, and it never affected my cycle.

I think I am slowly going insane...thanks for not flaming me.  I really cannot take it at this point.  I feel stupid and naive compared to the experienced ladies on here, but aren't we all going through the same thing?

I'm teasing you because 'clockwork cycle' posts generally get flamed on TB.  It's completely normal to have cycles that are a little bit longer/shorter than usual every once and awhile.

Also, a line is a line.  If you got two + pregnancy tests, you're probably pregnant.  GL :)

TTC since August 2009
  • imageyoungin12:
    I feel like I am too far in this journey to constantly be on TTGP but I don't feel right being on 3T yet because I haven't technically started testing yet. I feel like they would judge me over there which is why I haven't done my intro on 3T yet. I feel like I need some kind of answers before moving over there. Even though I have those feelings, I still constantly lurk over there and will comment on the ladies that I am close with. I hope the ladies over there don't mind!

Oh, please don't feel this way. 3T is a great board and remember that most of us started over here so many of us remember you. At least I do.

My Blog

RPL testing = normal

• imagerepen:
    imagebtaylor19:

I read an article that said women who take Clomid days 2-6 instead of 5-9 had a higher instance of pregnancy, so I really want to go against doctors orders and start it sooner.

Don't worry ladies, I won't, but it is really really tempting.

eta- I'm pretty sure the research was completely bogus anyways.

I don't know how reliable this is.  The way my Dr. explained clomid to me was that it helps your body know when the egg is ready to be released.  I don't think it would matter much if you started CD2-5.  I am no expert but I don't think it matters.

GL!

I was a psychology major, so I know it was a horribly put together study.  The logical woman in me knows I should ignore the study, but the raging hormonal lady in my wants to do everything I can to speed this up. 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• imageyoungin12:
    I feel like I am too far in this journey to constantly be on TTGP but I don't feel right being on 3T yet because I haven't technically started testing yet. I feel like they would judge me over there which is why I haven't done my intro on 3T yet. I feel like I need some kind of answers before moving over there. Even though I have those feelings, I still constantly lurk over there and will comment on the ladies that I am close with. I hope the ladies over there don't mind!

I'm right there with you. I have started some testing, though I haven't gotten further than the HSG, which was clear, yet. Even though, medically, they say you are considered after a year of trying, I just don't feel right saying that yet--almost like it takes away from the ladies with diagnosed issues.

Proud Doxie Mommy

TTC #1 since Sept. 2009 - DX unexplained IF March 2011 - "Surprise" BFP March 2012
    DS born via c-section 11/17/12
    TTC #2 (or, not TTA) Nov. 2013
    BFP #2 8/22/14, Missed M/C 6w2d, Discovered 7w4d/Official 8w6d, D&C 9/27/14
  • imageMySweetBaboo:

This. lol.

Also, my pregnant SIL keeps making comments like "I can't wait to watch our kids play together!". It bugs me even though I know she means well.

I was so into going to the gym, but a few days without has turned into a couple weeks and now it's hard to start up again. I wish I could look like a Victoria Secret model without having to work for it. lol

• imageMySweetBaboo:
    imageRicola:

My FFFC:

I am tired of posters that are feeding trolls on this board. When somone posts only to start drama, just ignore it. They will be bored quickly and just go away. I know that that is less entertaining, but a couple of threads this week went on for way too long. Beating a dead horse is no fun.

Ditto, and I would like to expound on this, even though you may not agree:

I am tired of everyone telling someone with 5 posts who thinks their pg to test and keep us updated.

This! It was cute the first 20 times I saw it, now I'm over it.

TTC #1 Since December 2009
    BFP #1 05/16/10 EDD 01/13/11 natural m/c 11w1d (unknown cause)
    BFP #2 03/24/11 EDD 12/06/11 missed m/c D&C 10w (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #3 12/24/11 EDD 09/02/12 missed m/c D&C 10w4d (Triploidy xxx)
    BFP #4 02/10/14 EDD 10/19/14  - Baby boy made his arrival 10/02/14
    !
    BFP #5 05/08/15 EDD 01/19/16 C/P 05/14/15
    BFP #6 06/05/15 EDD 02/18/16 *It's a GIRL!!*

BabyFetus Ticker

My Blog     My Chart
  • imagemaybebride:

imageyoungin12:

I'm right there with you. I have started some testing, though I haven't gotten further than the HSG, which was clear, yet. Even though, medically, they say you are considered after a year of trying, I just don't feel right saying that yet--almost like it takes away from the ladies with diagnosed issues.

Honestly, not having a diagnosis does not make it any less hard on you than ladies who had been diagnosed, in fact I would imagine it is 1000 times harder because you don't have the "plan".  I think you would be welcome with open arms over on TTTC.  I've only really done my intro over there but they are amazing.  I think you should definitely feel free to go over and post intros.  They are a great resource when you are going through the testing as they have been there before.

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• imagebtaylor19:
    imagemaybebride:

imageyoungin12:

Honestly, not having a diagnosis does not make it any less hard on you than ladies who had been diagnosed, in fact I would imagine it is 1000 times harder because you don't have the "plan".  I think you would be welcome with open arms over on TTTC.  I've only really done my intro over there but they are amazing.  I think you should definitely feel free to go over and post intros.  They are a great resource when you are going through the testing as they have been there before.

I don't speak for the board, but I'm sure you guys would be more than welcome.  I joined 3T before I had started testing with an R.E. and they were (and are) wonderful!

TTC since August 2009
  • I don't usually like the FFFC because to me, they sort of seem like a way to call people out and to make a lot of posters feel bad. It seems kind of mean to me and I never feel positive or good after reading them. I realize that by posting this I'm being a bit hypocritical, so that's my confession. Embarrassed (I also realize that FFFC calling posters out are never going to stop, so I should just not read them).
  • imageSweets11:
    imageansulak:
    imageSweets11:
    imageansulak:

I'm teasing you because 'clockwork cycle' posts generally get flamed on TB.  It's completely normal to have cycles that are a little bit longer/shorter than usual every once and awhile.

Also, a line is a line.  If you got two + pregnancy tests, you're probably pregnant.  GL :)

Well, last month I had one of those shadow lines and then AF started.  I thought I had a MC because of tremendous bleeding.  I went to the OB and had BW.  No HCG was detected.  They said it was a false positive.  I am not getting my hopes up until I have a really dark line that MH can see.  

Thank you for your kind words!!!  GL to you, too!!!

• imageMr. & Mrs. Woodtick:

imageyoungin12:

Oh, please don't feel this way. 3T is a great board and remember that most of us started over here so many of us remember you. At least I do.

Thanks. I'm getting up the courage to post my intro over there. I know the ladies over there are awesome and I have so much for respect for each of you!

• imageSweets11:
    imagebtaylor19:
    imagemaybebride:

imageyoungin12:

I don't speak for the board, but I'm sure you guys would be more than welcome.  I joined 3T before I had started testing with an R.E. and they were (and are) wonderful!

Thanks for the kind words ladies. I'm planning on making my intro soon. I just have to find the right time and build up the courage. I know everyone over there is awesome and will welcome me with open arms. 

• imagecarmen29:
    I'm a little jealous of a friend that is pregnant.  I got married in June, she got married in July.  She got her honeymoon baby and I am still waiting.  I'm really happy for her, just a little sad for me.

::raises hand:: I'm right there with ya - and I hate how selfish it makes me feel! But at least I know it's normal and we'll eventually get over it...

• imageMillerTime13:

While I am SO happy for the recent BFPs, I am afraid all the girls I am close to will be gone soon and I will be left behind.

I have seen so many of my Bumpie buddies come back to TTGP after a loss that I am afraid I won't be able to get excited when I finally get my BFP.

MH needs to lose some weight but I don't know how to tell him without him getting offended.

Yeah, this has pretty much already happened to me! There are a few people that I recognize, but I think there is only 1 other person that I am close with on the board now.

My FFFC is that I really believe that me taking Yasmin is the reason I have PCOS and am not ovulating. I had normal (well, normal for me) cycles before I went on Yasmin right before my wedding. Since then, I have had irregular cycles that went from getting my period every 2 weeks to it becoming non-existent with no other changes in my weight/diet/exercise habits.

• imageermaderma:
    imageMillerTime13:

Yeah, this has pretty much already happened to me! There are a few people that I recognize, but I think there is only 1 other person that I am close with on the board now.

My FFFC is that I really believe that me taking Yasmin is the reason I have PCOS and am not ovulating. I had normal (well, normal for me) cycles before I went on Yasmin right before my wedding. Since then, I have had irregular cycles that went from getting my period every 2 weeks to it becoming non-existent with no other changes in my weight/diet/exercise habits.

I hope things improve for you.  I was only on the pill for 3 months, and I think it has left a lasting (BAD) impression on my body.  GL to you!!!

• imageermaderma:
    imageMillerTime13:

While I am SO happy for the recent BFPs, I am afraid all the girls I am close to will be gone soon and I will be left behind.

I have seen so many of my Bumpie buddies come back to TTGP after a loss that I am afraid I won't be able to get excited when I finally get my BFP.

Hey erma! Birth Control is the devil, for sure! lol I hope something happens for you soon! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"