Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

I think I'm losing my first baby..

This is my first pregnancy. I'm supposed to be 4w5d...but today i started cramping and bleeding. When I went to the hospital and they checked my HCG levels they were only 16.45. That's the level they are supposed to be at 1 week along. I'm scared to death that I'm miscarrying. They put me on bedrest and are going to check my HCG levels again in two days. What the hell do I do?

Re: I think I'm losing my first baby..

• I'm so sorry. All you can do is follow your Dr's recommendations and take care of yourself. I hope things turn around for you.  If you do miscarry we will all be here for you.
  • All you can do is wait, unfortunately. It's something you have no control over. You may find more hopeful stories elsewhere. Good luck.
    BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not really looking for hopeful stories. Just trying to figure out what to do.
  • I'm sorry. It does sound like you are, based on the HCG levels. Do you have any midol to help with the pain & cramps? They will most likely check your levels a few more times. Try and get some rest, maybe take some sleeping aids or tylenol PM. Is there anyone that knows what is going on, to be with you?

(((hugs)))

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My boyfriend knows. He's at work though. I'm so scared that I can't sleep. My cramps really aren't that bad, honestly. I haven't felt much pain. They just feel like period cramps. I'm just praying that it will turn around and be okay...
  • I didn't want to make you more upset. It's just that sometimes when you're waiting and the diagnosis isn't certain being on a miscarriage board doesn't help. Each to his own of course. It's just that there are hopeful stories out there. Some of the women on this board do have a hard time with these kind of posts because some times things do turn around.

Check out american pregnancy.org you will see that there are a wide range of betas at 4 weeks. The most important piece of info is what the betas are doing- if they are still doubling there is still hope and you might have ovulated later than you think. If things don't turn out well we're here... I hope your boyfriend gets home to be with you soon.

BFP#1 9/14/10 (EDD 5/21/11); no fetal pole 6w6d, 7w4d, d&c 10/8
    BFP#2 3/16/11, beta 138; 4/12 Baby/HB DS born 9/10/11 at 29w4d due to partial abruption and PTL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BFP#3 8/19/13 Another boy! 17P, modified bedrest and Nifedipine helped us have a termie! DS2 born 4/19/14 at 38w5d.
  • nothing else to add except that i am so sorry hon that you're going through this

Even miracles take a little time - Cinderella

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You didn't upset me, I just didn't want anyone to think I was here for hope. I know that there is a big chance I'm losing my baby right now, and I just wanted to know what I could do to help or pass the tim or anything really. 

Thank you SO much for the website. I read a lot on it and it helped a ton, thank you again. :) 

• I'm obviously not a dr but i think you are probably right about having a m/c if  your hcg is only 16 at 4 weeks.  I'm sorry, I know how horrible the initial first few days are... I went through it a month ago.  Its all a blur.  My only advice to you is to pamper yourself, have someone else do the cooking/cleaning if you can.  Just take it easy and try to take a few days off work if you are able.

• I am so sorry that you are going through this!! *hugs*  It is a terrifying experience. Please lean on us for support.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"