North Carolina Babies

Crock Pot Cooking

Ok, so I have a crock pot...never used it. No idea what to do with it...what are some of your favorite foods a la the crock pot???

Re: Crock Pot Cooking

• hands down, my favorite is ribs.  they are SO good when i make them in the crockpot.  incredibly tender and much less work than cooking them in the oven.  i also like cooking whole chicken in it, it's not a pretty bird when it's done(doesn't brown up like in the oven), but it is so tender and moist!   i also use it to make soups.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use ours for roasts and chicken.  I've also made a crock pot lasagna.  There is nothing better than walking in after work and NOT having to cook supper!

• Loading the player...
  • I like crockpot cream cheese chicken - recipe here

I will often throw in some chicken or meatballs, with pasta sauce and let it simmer all day. The chicken will shred and its yummy! 

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • I loved crock pot stuffed chicken.  It's like Thanksgiving dinner in the crock pot and it's so easy.

Chicken breast (can use any boneless kind, I like cutlets or tenders), stuffing (one box per package of chicken), can of cream of mushroom soup, can of cream of celery soup.  I like to also add half a can of milk, but you don't have to.

Make the stuffing according to the package directions, lightly brown the chicken in a little olive oil.

Layer the ingredients into the crockpot.  I like to start with 1/2 can of soup at the bottom and then end with the remaining soup.  You just want it layered enough that everything has some soup to keep things moist.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. 

If you want you can serve with cranberry sauce and your favorite Thanksgiving type side dishes. 

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • I love my crock pot.  Some of my favorites are: 

Pulled pork

Chicken and Dumplings:  https://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/12/crockpot-chicken-and-dumplings-soup.html

Beef stew

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pot roast...SUPER easy. I just put a roast in there, then add 1 can cream of mushroom soup, 1 pkg of the dry french onion soup mix, and 2/3 can of water. I put it on low in the AM, then it's ready when I get home from work. You could also use 1 can beef broth, 1 can cream of celery and 1 can cream of mushroom for a little thicker gravy. We usually serve it with rice, mashed or baked potatoes and some kind of steam in a bag green veggie.

• If you email me I will send you a HUGE file of lots and lots of yummy crockpot recipes.

spacegrl_viv at yahoo dot com

image Connor Reeves - July 4, 2007 Naomi Raye - January 26, 2011
  • Vivian- hope you don't mind but I'm about to email you for that file as well.  I'm searching for some good crock pot recipes, too!
    TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Our baby girl is here!
  • Thank you ladies so much! Theses are perfect!

It was so funny last night DH looked at me and said "we need to start using the crock pot some this year" and I started laughing and said "that's a great idea!" Too funny!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"