Georgia Babies
Options

New(ish) to Atlanta area and need daycare recs

Hi, all :)

My husband and I have been here in sunny (not so sunny the last couple of days!) Atlanta for a little over a year, and are expecting.  It's getting to be about that time where we probably need to start thinking about getting on some lists, and I'm looking for some recommendations.  I'm from the midwest, and didn't really "grow up" on big box daycare, so I'm especially interested in smaller settings, but I'm open to any and all recs.  We live in the midtown/buckhead area, and I work near the airport, but would be willing to consider reasonable driving options as well for a good setup.

Thanks so much in advance! 

Re: New(ish) to Atlanta area and need daycare recs

• Options

Those are tough areas for daycare!!!  Midtown/Buckhead centers are $$$$ and usually have a wait list.  You'll get cheaper rates and no wait by the airport, but unfortunately the quality goes down as well :-(  I really wish I could reccommend our current center (located in my office building) but they are going through an ownership transition right now and while I do think they will eventually turn it around, it's not something I can reccommend at this point.  Maybe in a couple more months.  Our last day is tomorrow and then we are going to a new center in Smyrna (halfway between work and home).  There are a couple others you should check out- The Learning Academy in College Park and another one called Little Linguist.  They teach French, so if that's something important to you, you may want to look them up.  You can use this to do a search and see the reports on daycare centers in these areas:

https://decal.ga.gov/ProviderSearch/SiteSearch.aspx?childcare=y&newsearch=y

• Options

Ack, that's what I was afraid of (tough area for daycare).

We'd definitely be willing to drive to Smyrna, if you have any recs there. :)  

And thanks so much for the website! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We live in midtown and have taken our son to to both Kids Kondo and the YWCA on north Highland.  Kids kondo is in an old house and there is so much love there.  The teachers are great but it is very small and not a big shiny center.  We switched elliot to the YWCA because it is a larger facility with more extra programs and more space.  The are similar in price and less than other facilities in the midtown area.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagesailingseas1207:

Ack, that's what I was afraid of (tough area for daycare).

We'd definitely be willing to drive to Smyrna, if you have any recs there. :)  

And thanks so much for the website! 

Unfortunately, no recs in Smyrna either- not for a newborn anyway.  Our new center has an 18 month wait list for the infant room!  My DD will be going to our current center at my office in Feb.  Email me at slwprincess at gmail dot com and I'll explain the whole situation. 

• Options

Check out Bright Horizon Family Solution daycares. I worked at a BH and I LOVED it there!! I would send my future LO to a BH center in the blink of an eye but I plan on being a SAHM. Here's the link to Atlanta area BH centers:

https://www.brighthorizons.com/locator/results.aspx?state=GA&city=Atlanta

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"