School-Aged Children
Options

Anyone TTC or PG?

We've been TTC #3 for awhile now, just curious if there's anyone else that is TTC or PG with a school-aged child at home too. 

Do you ever worry about going back to diapers?  Or juggling a baby and an older child's schedule? 

sometimes I worry that we're totally crazy to consider this, but we've been working on it for so long it's hard to stop now.  lol!  It all works out in the end, right?

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: Anyone TTC or PG?

• Options
    I have an 11 year old and just had a baby who is almost 3 months. Yes, every single day I was pregnant I sort of asked myself what was I doing again. lol. It really isn't too bad juggling DS1's schedule around with sports with the baby. And absolutely, it all works out in the end because you will make it work. Plus, you have older kids to help out a little too.
  • Options

I have a 9 year old son and now have a 2 month old.  My DH and I were 23 when we had DS1.  We weren't married and didn't end up getting married until years later.  Now that I am older (32) we talked about having another and knew we needed to try soon if we wanted another child. Really DH wants 3 children, but I don't know about that. 

I was actually kind of excited about going back to diapers and having a little one around.  I did forget about how long it takes to get out of the house now and having a stroller in my trunk at all times.  With DS1 we didn't have a schedule to follow and it took us a little bit of time to get him adjusted and know his day and nights.  Now with DD we have a routine each day of putting her down for sleep each night at the same time and having to take her out to take DS to school.  So it was much easier this time around to establish a schedule. 

DS plays soccer and for most of the nights he has practice, DH is home from work before his practice so I leave DD with DH and take DS to practice.  There are nights like tonight though that DH has to work a little later so I am going to have to take DD with us.  Its just now starting to get colder here so I just make sure to bundle her up and we head out. 

DS is able to help out with DD as well and tries to calm her down when shes crying and for the most part since he's so much older then her he would rather play by himself or with friends then with me, so I don't have to keep him occupied and DD.  Although we still play board games together and what not when DD is asleep. 

It does work out in the end!  I do find myself dreading to go back to work now though, I really wish I could SAH!!!! With DS1 I was ok with going back to work, but not this time. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have different perspective on this, there is 13 years difference between me and my brother.  Our parents wanted another child after me and had a hard time TTC and ended up with a big age gap between us.  From my stand point it was odd because as he got older I would take him places with me to give our mom a break and ended up having an older lady yell at me for having a child so young.  I told her he was my brother but she didn't apologize for yelling at me when she was wrong.  Now that we are both older we have a pretty good relationship but growning up it was kind of weird because we both felt like only children since I left for college when he started kindergarten.  Our mom however was much more involved with his activities compared to mine since she now knew what to expect.  
  • Options

DS1 will be 7 next month, and DS2 is 8 months.  (yes, StarAnnice and I have almost matching stories)  I had DS2 when DS1 was in kinder.  It has worked out great!  DS1 loves helping with DS2, and it's actually easier IMO than dealing with 2 little ones.  Do I miss sleeping all night before having to get DS1 up early for school?  Yes.  And I had many many moments when I was pregnant where I wondered "what am I getting into?"

I wouldn't have it any other way.  And we will be TTC #3 starting next February. (I want to BF DS2 til at least a year, plus doc said to wait until he's 1 b/c of my previous c-sections) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageaggy34:
    I have different perspective on this, there is 13 years difference between me and my brother.  Our parents wanted another child after me and had a hard time TTC and ended up with a big age gap between us.  From my stand point it was odd because as he got older I would take him places with me to give our mom a break and ended up having an older lady yell at me for having a child so young.  I told her he was my brother but she didn't apologize for yelling at me when she was wrong.  Now that we are both older we have a pretty good relationship but growning up it was kind of weird because we both felt like only children since I left for college when he started kindergarten.  Our mom however was much more involved with his activities compared to mine since she now knew what to expect.  

This is what I worry about. DH has a brother 17 years younger than him. His parents had him very young, had his sister 5 years later and were suprised to find out shortly before DH graduated high school that they were expecting again. They arent as close as they could be and I dont want that for my own son either. I was only 19 when I had my son so while all my friends are having kids now I have an 8 year old. With a child as difficult as mine, I worry deeply about starting again. DH goes back and forth about having his own child so I left the ball in his court. If he wants another child I will be more than willing to do it. If not I am content with our family of 3.

• Options
    FWIW, my younger sister is 6 years younger than me and 10 years younger than my older sister.  In the end, it worked out great.  We're all very close now.  We loved taking care of your little sister when we were kids, my parents were sooooo lucky! 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options

This post made me happy and sad.

1. I'm SUPER excited you are ttc!!! I didn't realize! 

2. and I noticed the mc's!  BOOO!  I didn't realize!  I'm so sorry!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"