Single Parents

Thankful Thursday!

What's everyone thankful for today?

I am thankful for my awesome counselor.  I always feel better after seeing her.  I told her that I have been sad lately and she said that it was ok and to let myself feel all of the emotions.  She said that there was no reason to not break down and cry, especially when I am home by myself, in a safe place.

She also recommended doing something nice for myself each day.  She was a SP of three boys, so she completely understands where I'm coming from.

I told her that I felt very sad that SD's family is rude to me and has virtually no relationship with P.  She pointed out that SD didn't get the way he was because he had a perfect upbringing.  She also said that she doesn't think that they even deserve to have a relationship with P at this point in time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thankful Thursday!

• Every morning around 5:40am I wake up E to get him ready after I'm done getting ready. And there has not been a day that goes by that he doesn't smile at me! Eventhough majority of the time he is half alseep, he always has a smile for me, and it melts my heart everytime!Big Smile

Also I am thankful because of my support system (family/friends), and my job. I wouldn't be where I am now without those two.

• I am thankful that a lot of positive things have been happening lately. There has been some closure on a few things, and a new understanding that is developing.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageachase123:

What's everyone thankful for today?

I am thankful for my awesome counselor.  I always feel better after seeing her.  I told her that I have been sad lately and she said that it was ok and to let myself feel all of the emotions.  She said that there was no reason to not break down and cry, especially when I am home by myself, in a safe place.

She also recommended doing something nice for myself each day.  She was a SP of three boys, so she completely understands where I'm coming from.

I told her that I felt very sad that SD's family is rude to me and has virtually no relationship with P.  She pointed out that SD didn't get the way he was because he had a perfect upbringing.  She also said that she doesn't think that they even deserve to have a relationship with P at this point in time.

I totally agree with your counselor!

• I'm thankful for my mom making it home healthy. She was on a vacation when she contracted some sort of sickness and she wound up in the Washington State Hospital for a week. :( She won't tell me what happened, but I can tell it was bad by the way my step-dad is acting. I'm hoping everything is going to be okay.

I'm also thankful for how much DD is 'talking'. When I go into her room to get her in the morning, she greets me with a huge grin and some babbles. :)

Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • I am thrilled that:

• DB FINALLY signed the papers so now he is legally obligated to pay CS
    • i have full custody of ds and the honor of seeing him grow up each and every day
    • my family is so wonderful and my Mom is a gift from Heaven
    • this happened now and not later
    • my job is so understanding (or so they say, anyway)
    • DS smiles at me and loves me so much..
    • ds gives the best hugs in the world
    • we are safe and healthy
  • Thankful my SIL took the girls last weekend and I got out for the first time in months.

My church for helping me out this month bills.

• I am thankful for my friends. With H being in treatment this week I've had to scramble to find extra childcare while I'm at work. I can't belive the number of people who have volunteered to help and be there for me and G. I feel so incredibly blessed.
  • I'm thankful for my maternity leave. Even though it isn't paid my medical is still covered and my lawyer.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."
  • I am thankful for having a comfortable pregnancy. The only thing I was was tired. At all my doctors appointments i've had consistent blood pressure, i'm measuring dead on for my due date and baby's heartbeat is always good and consistent as well.

I'm also thankful for my sister and her FI. She finally made arrangements with her work so that if I go in to labour while she is there, she can up and come to the hospital with me. They let me live with them and have been such a wonderful support system when my ex wasn't at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"