TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Another Progesterone Post

Last cycle, when I started taking progesterone, I started spotting at 5dpo and started bleeding at 7dpo.

I'm at 5dpo now and have period-like cramps and I'm super emotional.  I'm devastated to think that this might be the start of another AF.

I complained about the progesterone last time, but the nurse didn't seem concerned with it.  She said that I didn't get pregnant last time, so my levels started dropping.  I'm so confused.  I thought progesterone was supposed to increase your LP.  Any advice?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Another Progesterone Post

• Progesterone is definitely supposed to increase your LP and stave off bleeding/spotting.  If that happens again, I'd definitely talk to your doctor about increasing the dosage or something.   You're on Clomid too, right?

(p.s., I'm going to go ahead and hope that the emotions and cramps are PG-related)

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • imageBBHME:

Progesterone is definitely supposed to increase your LP and stave off bleeding/spotting.  If that happens again, I'd definitely talk to your doctor about increasing the dosage or something.   You're on Clomid too, right?

(p.s., I'm going to go ahead and hope that the emotions and cramps are PG-related)

I like your optimism, at 5dpo though?  I'm thinking God just hates me.

I took Clomid, Ganirelix, and Gonal-F this month.  The Clomid didn't do anything, and it took a lot of the injections to make my follies grow at day 18 instead of 30 or so.  I spent a lot of money to have this happen again! 

• Loading the player...
  • Well, I've had AF cramps at 5dpo with every bfp, at least. 

If you do end up having spotting or another short LP, you should make sure they look into the possibility of cysts or something else out-of-whack due to the drugs.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    4 early losses 2009, 2010, 2015.  Baby #1 born 2/13/11.  
  • You're right, the progesterone should help to lengthen your LP and stop spotting pre-AF (if you normally get that).

Did you have the AF cramps last month too or is that new?  If it's new, then maybe it is good news. 

I would think your doctor would want to know about this, if it persists.  Maybe a need to change meds or make some other changes.  Definitely something to bring to his attention.

GL!

Missed m/c 11.09 | Missed m/c 3.10 | We miss you & love you so.
    ~ ~ ~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Formerly toddandjulie
  • I agree with everyone else...those supplements really should be improving your LP, not shortening it.  Definitely say something if the weirdness happens again.  

Really hope your symptoms aren't AF coming, but a sign of better things...  :)   

• imageBBHME:

Well, I've had AF cramps at 5dpo with every bfp, at least. 

If you do end up having spotting or another short LP, you should make sure they look into the possibility of cysts or something else out-of-whack due to the drugs.

I did have cysts from the meds last month when this happened, so maybe that's it.

• imageBBHME:

Well, I've had AF cramps at 5dpo with every bfp, at least. 

• Hugs.

The progesterone (if you are taking enough) should keep your period at bay until you stop taking it. You should ask your Dr. about upping the dose. My Dr. upped mine from 2x a day to 3x a day so now I'm shoving one up my hooha every 8 hours. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBabyMimi:

Hugs.

The progesterone (if you are taking enough) should keep your period at bay until you stop taking it. You should ask your Dr. about upping the dose. My Dr. upped mine from 2x a day to 3x a day so now I'm shoving one up my hooha every 8 hours. 

I'm taking the oral pills--2 a day. I don't have them with me at work so I don't know the dosage.  I was wondering if the suppositories might be better, because everyone else on here seems to be taking those!

Thanks everyone for the advice!

• I hope you don't mind me posting.  The progestrone is suppose to length your LP the spotting is usually from a drop in progs.  I'm hopingmaybe it's implantation for you. 

If by some reson it's not and I hope you don't have to do this request the vaginally progestrone supp for next cycle if they will see if they will prescribe you Endometrin supp.  I took this while ttc to get pg with my Lo after 15 month TTC.   You should take it twice a day once in the am and once in the pm.  I wish you all the luck!! 

10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....
  • I hope its a sign of good things for you this cycle. I do the progesterone injections and af usually doesn't arrive till I'm off the shots for about 5 days.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"