Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

How soon after D&C were you ready for work and play?

Hi, ladies!

This was supposed to be a fun week filled with parties for Halloween, and I am finding myself cancelling one after the next (not easy for many reasons). We have one on Saturday night, but my D&C is tomorrow morning. Also, my boss has been super understanding; she has let me work from home all week, but I planning to go back Monday, and no doubt there will be a pile of work waiting.

How quickly were you able to start back to work and play?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How soon after D&C were you ready for work and play?

• Options

I had my D&C on Monday at around 8 PM and am back to work today.  I am tired though and won't be up to much tonight.

So I took 1 day off work.  As far as this weekend goes and Halloween, I am going to go out on Saturday night to a party and go to my brothers house on Sunday to hand out candies and the rest of the weekend not much at all.

I am kind of 'doing one thing per day' whether work or play.

• Options

For me, the emotional aspect made it tough for work/play.

I had my D&C on a Wed, and returned to work on Monday (but I worked from home that next week).

If I took my emotions out of it, I would have been ready for play maybe 1-2 days later, and work about 3-4 days later. The cramps around day 4-7 after the d&C were pretty tough.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi, Divaem. It must feel great to have the D&C over with. That's good advice, to do one thing a day. Instead of cancelling for Saturday, I might wait to see how I feel that morning.
  • Options
    Thanks for your post, damabo. I hope you are feeling better by now. I hate this feeling of not knowing what to expect.
  • Options
    I had my D&C on a Monday at 7am.  In all honesty, I could have gone back to work on Tuesday morning, but I waited until Wednesday just for my mental well-being.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Good luck tomorrow!  Yes just try and take it one thing at a time and let your body decide that day what you can handle.  It is so hard for some of us to do this because we are used to planning and being on the go and up for lots of things and often not listening to our bodies...but right now your body has to dictate your schedule and it may be hard o predict...frustrating iknow!

Let us know how you are doing soon!Hugs

• Options
    I had my D/C on 10/15/10 and returned to work the following Monday 10/18/10.  Now that my two weeks are up, Im ready for playtime! I want my life to be back as normal as possible.  Halloween is this weekend....I am going to have my first drink in 12 weeks!
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image Me - 41 DH - 28 **** Proud mom to Christopher, dob 7/15/92 **** Nathaniel dob 1/18/05 -1/18/05 (8 mos) in heaven **** bfp 8/26/10 m/c 10/14/10 at 7 wks. **** D&C 10/15/10 **** Cycles 1-4 BFN's **** Cycle #5 - 100 mg Clomid **** IUI #1 - 04/23/11 and 4/24/11 - 5/8/11 IUI #1 = BFFN BFP 10/14/11 - EDD 6/22/12** Stick little one Stick! Athena Jane 5/31/12 - 8/28/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"