Baby Showers

Baby Shower RSVP Question

We are having a luncheon baby shower for a good friend of mine in 2 weeks. So far out of the 45 invitations we sent out, we have only received 5 RSVPs. I understand it's still early, but we are having food so I just feel like we really need to know. Is there any polite way to find out if people plan on coming or not?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Shower RSVP Question

• Call up and say something along the lines of "I'm just calling to get a headcount of how many will be attending the shower? Will you be able to make it?"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageDefiantRose:
    Call up and say something along the lines of "I'm just calling to get a headcount of how many will be attending the shower? Will you be able to make it?"

This is a good way to go about it.  When did the invitations get sent out and was there an RSVP date on it?  Unless they were sent out late, it's not very early and most people should have responded by now - people can really be terrible about actually doing it.

DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Loading the player...
  • Just. contact. them.  I mean, seriously, it's not rocket science.  It's not like you're going to pick up the phone and say, "Look biitch, don't you have any manners?  If someone sends you an invite you're suppose to effin' respond!"  Or will you.......

Anyways, just call or email the guests a day or two after the RSVP deadline and ask them if they plan on coming.  Lots of time since shower invites typically are sent a month in advance people put it aside with the intention of RSVP-ing and they forget.  It happens.  Just contact the unresponsive and ask.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't put an RSVP deadline on the invitation, but still basically heard from everyone in a timely manner.  There were a few stragglers, so we contacted them via phone or email and said, "Just wanted to see if you were planning to attend the shower next week as MIL needs to give the restaurant a final count this week."   And that worked for 3 of the MIAs....one of my flakey friends didn't even respond to that request, so I'm putting her down as a no.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"