Houston Babies

Baker recs for birthday cake

Who would you recommend for a birthday cake?  I am looking for a cake for Allie's first birthday (I can't believe it's almost here!) and I have a theme I am working with.  I prefer buttercream cakes over fondant, but I like the look of a fondant cake.  I know that is probably a near impossible request :)  Thanks!

Re: Baker recs for birthday cake

• odear does fabulous cakes from what I've seen.  missjake does some pretty awesome work as well.

The last two cakes I've ordered have been from Susan Ware.  She does fantastic work and her icings are to die for.  She also did DH's cousin's lil boys first birthday cake and the cake was all buttercream (except for the lil animals) but was smooth enough to look like fondant.  If you'd like her info, let me know. :)

~*~Jenn~*~
  • I would page O'Dear
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedarva:

odear does fabulous cakes from what I've seen.  missjake does some pretty awesome work as well.

The last two cakes I've ordered have been from Susan Ware.  She does fantastic work and her icings are to die for.  She also did DH's cousin's lil boys first birthday cake and the cake was all buttercream (except for the lil animals) but was smooth enough to look like fondant.  If you'd like her info, let me know. :)

Hey Darva,  I would like Susan's info. please. 

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • imageJamicanBride:
    imagedarva:

odear does fabulous cakes from what I've seen.  missjake does some pretty awesome work as well.

You have a PM. 

~*~Jenn~*~
  • Thanks!  I'd love Susan's info and I'll page odear as well.
  • imagedarva:
    imageJamicanBride:
    imagedarva:

You have a PM. 

Thanks so much.  I had a few more questions for you.

image Oh Joy to the World!!
  • I've gotten all the boys' cakes from Central Market and don't have enough good things to say. They are *delicious* and always look amazing. I basically walk in with the party invite and they mimic it.

Of course, Shannon's cakes are amazing (I've never had one of Missy's but she is also just a sweet person so I imagine her cakes must be good too) 

• imageprincessmah:

Who would you recommend for a birthday cake?  I am looking for a cake for Allie's first birthday (I can't believe it's almost here!) and I have a theme I am working with.  I prefer buttercream cakes over fondant, but I like the look of a fondant cake.  I know that is probably a near impossible request :)  Thanks!

Actually, this is not an impossible request at all!  I feel the same way and my cake lady, Rhonda Griffin, is amazing. Her cakes are absolutely delicious and she's able to make them look exactly like what you want without it relying on fondant.  If you want to see some pics of her cakes, email me at kelly11377@yahoo.com and I'll send you some.

• Missjake's cakes are so good.  I got one for a friend when Shannon was not available and everyone wanted her info.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"