D.C. Area Babies

Disney World?

Has anyone been to Orlando recently?  I am thinking about taking my daughter for her bday in December.  Any ideas on the best places to get our DisneyWorld tickets. etc? I am thinking about staying at the Omni resort. TIA! 

Re: Disney World?

• no recs but I wanted to say that I have always heard the best time to go to disney is right after thanksgiving but before xmas....

I have not been since I was a kid..sorry:(

have fun!!! 

• I'm going to Disney World in November for a conference and then again with family for Christmas (this is after going in January for the half marathon and August) - so, yeah, I'm kind of a Disney nut :)  I promise I don't normally go this much, usually once every few years.

How old is your daughter turning?  Disney is great and not very crowded between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but Christmas is a mad house.  My family has been there a ton so we're not too worried about the crowds (plus I'll be 7 mos preg.), but if it's your first time I wouldn't go right at Christmas.

Not sure about the Omni resort, have you looked at hotels on Disney property?  Most are pretty reasonable and you can get the dining plan.  

For discounts check out www.mousesavers.com.  If you or your family is military they have good ticket discounts. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are going while we're in Florida to see my folks at Thanksgiving.  We bought 7 day non-expiring passes a few years ago that still have 4 days so we don't need tickets.  I've always just bought tickets at the park or hotel.

Have fun!  This will be DS''s first trip.  We took my niece when she was 18 months and a friends 2.5 year old so I know what I'm in for!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We're going in December for my DDs bday, we are staying at a timeshare so no help with the resorts but we did get our tickets through AAA as we are members and they basically did everything for us. I've been reading mousesavers.com and also disboards.com for tips since we'll have all 3 girls with us.
  • I was just there with my nephew in July.  We stayed on property, and were so glad we did.  The Disney Dining plan was well worth it! We stayed at The Port Orleans French Quarter, which was ok but next time I would stay at the other Port Orleans hotel which is newer.  We booked through AAA. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"