Snarky and T-TTC

PSA

All right y'all.  I think we need a refresher course as to the title of the board.

T-TTC stands for Trouble Trying to Conceive.

Most of the girls here have children mainly because this group has been here for years.

I'm not saying leave but seriously, if you've been trying for four months, don't be surprised if I respond in ape shiit fashion at your "this is so exciting and difficult" attitude. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
imageimageimageimage
"It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
"Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."

Re: PSA

• Now where are all the lurkers?  

Bring out the brains and they scatter like roaches.  

• imagepmarie33:

Now where are all the lurkers?  

Bring out the brains and they scatter like roaches.  

Seriously. I'm getting a little annoyed that they will come out of the fuucking woodwork to support some newb, but don't have the common decency to intro themselves so we can either decide they're cool or at least play with them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are intro's required? Is lurking not allowed? This isn't about T-TTC this is about you being mad and being rude to anyone that tries to write on here...eek.

• imagehope4two:

Are intro's required? Is lurking not allowed? This isn't about T-TTC this is about you being mad and being rude to anyone that tries to write on here...eek.

Completely lurking is different than lurking but randomly inserting your opinion.   Plus, it doesn't seem like you've lurked much if you say that we're mad and rude to anyone that posts.  I have seen many people post and many of them have gotten along quite well - whether they still post here or not.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehope4two:

Are intro's required? Is lurking not allowed? This isn't about T-TTC this is about you being mad and being rude to anyone that tries to write on here...eek.

What am I mad about exactly? 

imageimageimageimage
  • it appears you are mad at life, in general. not sure, but i have read quite a few posts on here and you think it's funny to kick people off the board, run them out or put them down because they have something to say that might not agree with you or might be a lurker "inserting her opinion". seems like you guys are just bored and kind of cyber bullying. i hope no one comes on here with a serious T-TTC issue and you make her feel like CRAP.

here's my intro: i am bored, looking for something to read, had a miscarriage and am scared to TTC again, guess i should leave...eh?

• Or I've spent years being part of a zoo exhibit full of people who have had issues with ttc and get rather tired of being watched by those who've been trying for a short amount of time who like to lurk to feel better about themselves and their situation, and just hope they don't end up like us.

Of course this all thinly veiled behind comments of "you are so strong" and "I admire your strength" or some other bull shiit. 

Get's a little old. 

But you're right.  I'm mad at life in general. 

imageimageimageimage
  • Probably too little too late... But I think I might of started some of this by the post I responded too about being tired of being around preg. gals.

I appologize for not 1) noticing the T before TTC,  and 2) Not introducing myself on this forum.

True, I've only been ttc for a few months.. But I don't have a cycle ,  my bbt chart is all over the place.  So I feel a bit in limbo, not really "tttc", but not the average TTC either.

Again-  Sorry.

• You are right. People DO lurk to feel better about themselves. I have done it, I do it.

I don't think people are strong and I don't admire them for going through IF. I think the way they handle their situation is what makes them admirable.

I also lurk because I have someone very close to me going through IF and I sometimes wonder what she is really thinking or what I could say to her/ do for her to help. Probably nothing, right?

I like your zoo exhibit analogy...it's pretty right on, huh?

• You know, we do have people that seek our advice for how to help or at least not offend a friend who is going through IF. I think we are really helpful too.

Now, if you are a complete idiot, and think that taking clomid on cycle 7 is fun, then yes, we would LOVE to run you off the board. But it seems to me that you don't pay attention much, because we would love some new, cool blood.

• Well, thank you for proving my point. Just remember, this is a public forum and you do not own it, run it or decide who gets to post on it. Be respectful and kind and it may pay off...
  • imagehope4two:
    Well, thank you for proving my point. Just remember, this is a public forum and you do not own it, run it or decide who gets to post on it. Be respectful and kind and it may pay off...

Rule number 1: Don't be a douche.

imageimageimageimage
  • Eh, I give up. I could care less about an online forum. Just trying to spread some love and not hate...good luck to you all...maturity is key in being parents, remember that!
  • imagehope4two:
    Well, thank you for proving my point. Just remember, this is a public forum and you do not own it, run it or decide who gets to post on it. Be respectful and kind and it may pay off...

In case you missed it, the title of this board is SNARKY and TTTC

• Nope, didn't miss it. But the description says using "humor". Anyway, snarky is understandable, especially with T-TTC. I don't blame you. BUT! I do think it's kind of rude to be snarky to each other. What about just to the outside world and the crap that happens there? I don't know...I kind of think we are all in this thing together...I am all for being snarky though just not to someone that is trying to come on here and express their feelings...kwim?
  • Says the person who in response to "if you think taking Clomid at cycle 7 is great fun, we'd love to run you off the board" said "Be respectful and kind and it may pay off..."

Little hypocritical there.

imageimageimageimage
  • imagehope4two:
    Eh, I give up. I could care less about an online forum. Just trying to spread some love and not hate...good luck to you all...maturity is key in being parents, remember that!

Thank you so much for the parenting advise, I would have never know this unless you told me.  I have been doing it all wrong these past 2 years Confused

• We may not "own" it, but there are a group of girls on here who started this board and I would say in that respect, we do own it.  We took over another board, found friends and support on here, and we still stick up for one another.  Just a little fyi for ya.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • whine whine

piss  piss

• imagehope4two:
    Eh, I give up. I could care less about an online forum. Just trying to spread some love and not hate...good luck to you all...maturity is key in being parents, remember that!

Wow, I'm new to posting & I do lurk too- often to not bump into a conversation that is a little more private than I feel I should join in on... But-- yikes!  That was just really rude.  It may be tough to get to know girls online but you should be able to choose a (few) groups based on having something in common and should really be considerate of the audience that will be reading. 

image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since 3-2008: v/c repair 2009; BFP: 7-2010, m/c 8-2010, c/p 4-2011, BFP: 6-2011 EDD: 2-12-2012?
    "Lovebugs2012"
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Today I am pregnant & I love my baby!
  • imageElizabeth&Chris2gether:

imagehope4two:

Wow, I'm new to posting & I do lurk too- often to not bump into a conversation that is a little more private than I feel I should join in on... But-- yikes!  That was just really rude.  It may be tough to get to know girls online but you should be able to choose a (few) groups based on having something in common and should really be considerate of the audience that will be reading. 

I would also like to say, and Elizabeth - feel free to openly disagree, but you came on, posted an intro and I think we were fairly welcoming and certainly not rude.

Now to the insitgator, I feel totally justified in being rude to you because you are a self important assshole that apparently can't take what you dish out. We take offense to the same bullshiit you are currently spewing. We also try to educate people, for example: taking clomid for 18 cycles isn't going to help you, believe it or not. Most people (this goes for the web as well as IRL) are too stupid and stubborn to listen to anyone else if they aren't hearing what they want to hear, therefore most people get offended. And then when they are offended, they turn into fun times. Sorry, but that's they way it is. I think we are very helpful and nice, even to people who need a little education, but the minute they turn around and talk about karma and bitterness etc., well then they get what they deserve.

And now, fuuck you. (Not you Elizabeth, the douche)

• imageMandyBrownNoser:

I'm not saying leave but seriously, if you've been trying for four months, don't be surprised if I respond in ape shiit fashion at your "this is so exciting and difficult" attitude. 

That's fine. You are right. I was rude. I apologize. Guess I have a bit of my own bitterness. But, I do not apologize for calling you out on above comment. How is this friendly? welcoming? OR understanding? THAT is rude. THIS is the talk I am referring to...I am sorry you all are having such a difficult time but immediately dismissing people who come in here is rude and just sad. That's what I was trying to say.

• imagehope4two:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

That's fine. You are right. I was rude. I apologize. Guess I have a bit of my own bitterness. But, I do not apologize for calling you out on above comment. How is this friendly? welcoming? OR understanding? THAT is rude. THIS is the talk I am referring to...I am sorry you all are having such a difficult time but immediately dismissing people who come in here is rude and just sad. That's what I was trying to say.

You sound like you have a personal vendetta, and that's the only reason you came over here - basically to start shiit and make trouble. If you're looking for douchebaggery, you might want to look into a mirror.
  • imagehope4two:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

There are hundreds is not thousands of places for those early in the ttc game to hang out.  

There are exponentially fewer places like this.  

So I have zero issues with telling someone who has no need to be on this board, to leave. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"