Trouble TTC
Options

DH watching IUI?

For those of you whose H's went with you for an IUI, did the nurse/doc ask him if he wanted to watch or look at the sperm sitting inside your ute ?

The nurse today asked DH if he wanted to take a look after she inseminated me.  Honestly, I'm glad he didn't want to see. I know he's my husband and all but there are some things that are better left unseen.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison

Re: DH watching IUI?

• Options

Mine did!  The RN that did my first one showed him everything - my cervix, how the cath went in, etc.  MH always likes to know how things work :)

BTW, good luck!!!!  I really hope this is it for you!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagegymnst1013:
    Mine did!  The RN that did my first one showed him everything - my cervix, how the cath went in, etc.  MH always likes to know how things work :)

Mine too.  He wanted to know every detail. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MH had the choice but he stayed by my side instead.
  • Options
    My dh probably would have passed out.
    Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • Options
    Mine not only stayed right by my head but also faced me the entire time.  He didn't move until it was time to get dressed again.  I think he was terrified of seeing something that would gross him out.  I'm glad, he doesn't need to see anything that I can't see.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Options
    Wow...no, they didn't ask us if he wanted to see...that's pretty cool though. I'm sure my DH wouldn't go look though, he shudders when I even mention the dildo-scope! He's a wimp;-)
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageRileyGrace:
    Mine not only stayed right by my head but also faced me the entire time.  He didn't move until it was time to get dressed again.  I think he was terrified of seeing something that would gross him out.  I'm glad, he doesn't need to see anything that I can't see.

My H is the same way. He gets squeamish very easily. Heck, it took him a while to be able to pick up after our dog w/o gaging.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    My husband would definitely want to look.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Options
    No, his face wouldn't be down there during natural insemination, they didn't ask nor did it occur to us to want to look.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Options

No not at all.  My DH stayed up by my head the entire time.  I think he would have freaked out and ran from the room if they had asked him to look down there. LOL

He already told me he has to stay by my head when I am giving birth.  He can't handle any crowning or the such.  Oh men.  ::sigh::

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    imagemdluv21:

No not at all.  My DH stayed up by my head the entire time.  I think he would have freaked out and ran from the room if they had asked him to look down there. LOL

He already told me he has to stay by my head when I am giving birth.  He can't handle any crowning or the such.  Oh men.  ::sigh::

I have a feeling my H will also be staying up by my head while I'm in labor. I think that he thinks that if he sees that whole process, he won't look at my nether regions the same way.

• Options
    Oh, you all should have seen his face when the nurse told me that I have "lots of cervical mucas." He looked like he was about to puke.

• Options
    Hopefully I'm going to have my first IUI soon and now I am intrigued about DH watching.  It's mean, but I want him to see what I'm going through, seeing as how he didn't have to go to the HSG or the other countless ultrasound monitoring visits.
    Anniversary

TTC #1 Off of HBC December 09 Dx PCOS, no ovulation, HSG + SIS normal 9/4: 100 mg clomid + ovidrel trigger: BFN 10/15: Gonal-f (75 IU, 112.5 IU, 150 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 11/15: Gonal-f (112.5 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 12/17: Gonal-f (112.5 IU, 150 IU): cycle canceled due to no response IVF #1: 1/18 start BCP, 2/1 start Lupron, 2/10 start stimming, 2/20 ER, 2/15 ET, 3/6 beta 1: 216, 3/8 beta 2: 420 *saifw*

• Options
    He did not nor he was offered. But on the second b2b iui he asked me if he would be allowed to take a peak.
    He likes to know how things work, as long as there's no blood. And we have no boundaries, well except for one thing.

TTC since 1/2008
  • Options

Hey cycle buddy!  the only thing we ever looked at was the swimmers under the microscope.  My dh always sits by my side, but no way in he** would I let him be on the other end....yes he's my hubby, but to me that would be just way too much!  Having him sit next to me is as far as it's gonna go, lol.

Are you doing 2 b2b iui's??

• Options
    My hubs stayed in his chair!  If the Dr. asked him if he wanted to see...it would not have happened.  Just the thought of 2 men staring up my vajajay just doesn't sound too appealing;)
  • Options
    DH will stay by my side. He would not like to see stuff like that.
  • Options
    imagestillwaiting2:

Hey cycle buddy!  the only thing we ever looked at was the swimmers under the microscope.  My dh always sits by my side, but no way in he** would I let him be on the other end....yes he's my hubby, but to me that would be just way too much!  Having him sit next to me is as far as it's gonna go, lol.

Are you doing 2 b2b iui's??

Hey ! No, no b2b IUI's for us. My insurance considers each one it's own and we only have coverage for 6 IUI/IVF/FETs (any commbination up to 6).

• Options
    MH did the same thing he does anytime I have a medical procedure done. He watch's and makes the most messed up faces that it makes me think something is going wrong. I wish he would just stay by my head.

After 4 years, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs our surprise miracle is here!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

TTC # 2 BFP 03/02/13 = CP, BFP 05/14/13 = CP, BFP 08/09/13 = CP

RPL testing = normal

TI Cycle #1, 50 clomid days 3-7, 150 iu Follistim days 8-11 = BFP! EDD May 22, 2014

Betas: 13 DPO = 79, 15 DPO = 149, 19 DPO = 788, 22 DPO = 2031

• Options
    I would love to see it for myself.  Sometimes I think "Did she insert all the sperm".  LOL  GL this cycle!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"