Single Parents

Repost from 3-6

Please recommend your convertible car seat. I've seen alot of recommendations on the britax. I had seen their site but not their prices. That't just too much for me. I really like it and i've done research on it but since I can't afford it I'm going to have to go with the next best thing. If you have/had a different brand can you please recommend it. I need to get to researching on them since DS will be needing it soon. TIA

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Repost from 3-6

• I know in Nebraska I can call the Dept of Health and Human Services and get one for $50 dollars but since my daughter has Medicaid I can get it for free, I do not know what brand this will be cause I have not called to pick one up yet..maybe start looking into programs in your town.
  • imageracing04:
    I know in Nebraska I can call the Dept of Health and Human Services and get one for $50 dollars but since my daughter has Medicaid I can get it for free, I do not know what brand this will be cause I have not called to pick one up yet..maybe start looking into programs in your town.

Thanks. My DS gets medicaid too(i think that's what it is. It's the disability one) would he be able too get one free or cheaper price? I'm not working and my mom is the one helping with stuff. He also gets a disibility check but that goes fast with just his nessecities.

• Loading the player...
  • The thing with carseats is that they all require the same test to be sold in stores. I would look at the height and weight restrictions so your not having to replace it sooner rather then later. I wanted the britax and couldn't afford it. I have an Evenflo Triumph for dd, my mom has a britax for her, and my stepmoms has the cheapest one you can get from walmart.
  • Yes I know I have looked at that also. Just with reviews and stuff I did look at Target and Kmart. Walmart is too far. But I think I might have to pick one from Kmart and put it on layaway since he doesn't really need it now. His infant carseat is up to 22lbs and he's 15lbs. So I still got a little time. Also I went on your blog whats the name of that song and who sings it? lol
  • Check www.albeebaby.com. That's where I got my girls each a Britax seat on clearance for less than one new. Others I've heard are good are the Graco MyRide and Evenflo Triumph.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• I'm getting the Graco My Ride. I was leaning towards the cheaper graco convertable seat. However, the My Ride has better features and can go up to 65lbs. I too looked at Britax. However, the one I liked was almost 300$. I can't afford that. The Graco My Ride is like half the price. Here is the link for you! HTH!

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4024413 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The Evenflo Triumph Advance has as high of ratings as the Britax but less than half the cost.

If you need a cheap carseat go with the the Cosco Scenera. High ratings for being a cheap carseat (they have them for about, if not less than $50. My mom bought the one for her car at Big Lots for $46)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

In my bag
    d90
    50mm f/1.2 * 28-85mm (Macro) f/3.5-4.5 * 70-300mm f/3.5-4.5
    Opteka Fisheye Adapter * Lightscoop
  • Thanks im looking at all of these right now.
  • I just asked t his question on the parenting board.   Everyone rec'd Graco Nautilus 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Unless things have changed recently, the nautilus can not be rear facing. It was orignally the one I wanted!
  • I lucked out and found 2 Britax Marathon's on clerence at Target for $50 each when Logan was 3 months old. I grabbed both.

But like previous poster's said. They all have to go through the same requirements. The ones that cost less will just have less bells and whistles. Just make sure they rear-face for a while. And I know you said weight wise your son is close. Make sure you check the height too. Many infant seats can only go so high with height. It drives me crazy that people do not know that and will still use them. Just a personal beef.

image www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
  • This may be of interest to you...Britax makes the Fisher Price convertible car seat too! They just take away some of the bells and whistles.  We got 2 of the FP ones for our parents and I have the Britax Boulevard for my car (but I got it at the FAO Schwartz private sale for like $130) and my husband has the Graco MyRide, all great!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"