Adoption
Options

is there a law or right for a foster parent?

we are short on time we find out tommorow but I am posting again just incase someone has some info.  We are foster parents who were chosen to adopt a little boy he has been in our home a month. The previous foster parents had him a year and didnt want to adopt him actually they new he was tpr case and have been fighting for us to get him. Now after a month they want him back and said they made a mistake and want to adopt him. THey said it looks like because they had more time with him they will get him.  This doesnt seem right at all we have him with us and he is calling us mommy and daddy they had him doing this for us before he came to us. We love him we have bonded with him and now they want to take him back? this is a child and I dont understand how they think it is good to take him out of our home and move him again. they had so many opportunities to change there minds who could the system think this ok. any advice?

Re: is there a law or right for a foster parent?

• Options

I really think it could go either way but in our gov't they want to avoid as many moves and changes as possible, so i would think they would not want to move him back.Mind you, I am not where you are...

Good luck though and please let us all know how it turns out!

Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • Options

I just wanted to say I am so sorry about this situation. I am supporting you 100% with good thoughts and prayers.

Please keep searching and being active in your pursuit to keep your child! I wish I could offer some information, what state are you in?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Immediately contact your state's foster parent advocacy group:

https://www.nfpainc.org/reploc/

and definitely consider asking them for a referral to a family law attorney.

• Options
    Consult with a family law attorney (find one who also practices juvenile law regularly) about intervening in the juvenile court case.
  • Options
    I highly doubt they will move the child again, but you never know. Friends of ours that are also foster parents decided late in the game to change their mind on adopting a little boy they had in their home. His case was very different than normal cases and they TPR'd 3 months after him being in care. But they chose not to adopt him, a week before he was to be moved, they let everyone know they had changed their mind, but he was still moved to his selected home.
  • Options
    :-( I am so sorry to hear this! I hope for your sake that it works out in your favor. I can only mirror what pp's have said so good luck!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"