D.C. Area Babies

XP: Daycare related

I posted this on the regular DC board but thought I would come over here for some insight :-)

So DD has been with the same in-home care provider since she was 6 months old. I have been really happy with the care she has received and I really like the provider. I personally feel it is a good time to move to a larger center with kids more her age.

I received a phone call yesterday saying the DD got into the daycare that we've had her on the waitlist for for about 6 months. It's great and we accepted the spot but now here's the question:

I don't have an exact date of when DD can start (maybe in two or three weeks since we have to do Orientation). Should I give my current daycare provider a heads up/informal "hey we will be moving DD within the month" before I give her the formal "DD will no longer be attending after XX date" letter?

I have no worries that this provider will have a problem filling the spot. She is at full capcity as is and really has a solid business practice. I just want to be courteous in case she wants to maybe put some feelers out, ya know.

Re: XP: Daycare related

• I know this wasn't what you asked, but is your DCP in Arlington by any chance?  We've been looking for home-based daycare and are having a hard time finding them in Alexandria/Arlington.  Would you mind sharing her info if she is in Arlington (or Alexandria) since it looks like she'll have an opening soon.  You can PM me or email me at vajunebride07 at gmail dot com.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I think doing exactly what you described is both kind and helpful for your provider.  I would do the same with the advance notice followed by the official notice.
  • I definitely think you should tell your DCP now that you've been accepted, but are not sure of the start date and will keep her posted. You never know if you'll want to use her again in the future, so it only makes sense to be as forthcoming as possible!

Was there any kind of contract that required you give a certain number of weeks notice?

• imageMrs.Ram:

I definitely think you should tell your DCP now that you've been accepted, but are not sure of the start date and will keep her posted. You never know if you'll want to use her again in the future, so it only makes sense to be as forthcoming as possible!

Was there any kind of contract that required you give a certain number of weeks notice?

Yes it is two weeks advance notice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"