Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

L&D at The Medical Center of Plano...thoughts?

Hi Ladies

I just found out we are expecting and am so excited. My doctor practices at Medical Center of Plano. Anyone delivered there? Any opinions on it? I really like my doctor so I am hoping that the L&D there is nice. I looked online and can't find any photos.

TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: L&D at The Medical Center of Plano...thoughts?

• Hi!  I just delivered there a week ago, this was my second delivery at Med Center of Plano.  I thought both times were good experiences.  I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I thought the L&D rooms were really big and I liked all the nurses, drs, and staff I encountered there.  My first delivery I had the same L&D nurse the whole time, but the second time they were pretty busy so I had a couple nurses who switched off between patients - I liked them all and thought they were very helpful and supportive, especially the second time when I had to wait a little bit to get my epidural and was having some really painful contractions.  I also liked all the post-partum and nursery nurses in both cases and found the lactation consultants really helpful after my first delivery when I was having some trouble getting started with breastfeeding.  They have a room service style menu you can order from for your meals and I thought the food was pretty good - not like a 5-star restaurant but what can you expect from a hospital?  This second time they've added a "Celebration dinner" that you can order for you and your spouse/partner - it's steak and lobster tail along with sides and dessert, it was pretty cool.  

The only downside was that this time around they are in the process of renovating their post-partum rooms so not all of their rooms are available;  as a result, since they were full when I was there, I spent the night in an L&D room the first night.  It wasn't that big a deal, the bed was decently comfortable and the room was pretty big.  They actually moved me twice - once from the room where I actually gave birth to another L&D room farther away from the action and therefore less noisy, and then the next night they moved me to a PP room which was very nice but smaller.  Since DH didn't spend the nights with me this time around it wasn't a big deal but could have been annoying if he was trying to stay with me, because the L&D rooms didn't have a comfortable place for him to sleep, just a sleep chair.

Anyway, like I said I don't have anything else to compare it to, as I've never stayed in a hospital other than these two pregnancies, but I thought it was a good experience and if I ever have another baby I would not hesitate to use the same hospital again. 

Eleanor Paige, born 3/27/08 Noah Christopher, born 10/2/10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I delivered there in August and I was pleased.  I'm not sure what you're looking for though.  My room was nice and they took good care of us.  The only other hospital I've used what Med. Ctr. of Lewisville so not much to compare with...
  • Loading the player...
  • i had dd1 there. it was okay. i was happy, but now that ive had dd2 and 3 at baylor frisco, i realize that it could have been much better lol
    aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• I had both of my boys there.  My experience with DS1 was amazing.  My experience with DS2 sucked....so much that if we decide to have another baby, it will absolutely NOT be there.  We'll go to Baylor Frisco.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"