Potty Training

27 months, refuses to put on underwear. Help please +

Hi, Leah shows signs of being ready for potty training:

1) Tells me immediately after she pees or poos, since she hates a dirty or wet diaper (she is on disposable diapers by the way)

2) Wakes up with a completely dry diaper in the morning

3) Does big pees a few times a day, rather than a bunch of little pees here and there

4) Loves to sit on her potty, loves to stick toilet paper down between her legs, loves to flush

5) Loves to play with her dolls and make them potty too, even making peeing and pooing noises

I bought lots of underwear to try out potty training this entire weekend, but she refuses to put it on!  I would then show her a diaper and she would lay down and try to put on her diaper by herself.  That's how much she would rather put on a diaper than her new undies.  The odd thing is that she is definitely willing to put on her undies ON TOP OF her diapers and even pull them up and down to go "pretend potty".

Sorry this got so long. Any advice would be great.  

Re: 27 months, refuses to put on underwear. Help please +

• IF she's happy in pull ups and is telling you, I'd stick with them for the time being. I have 2 friends PTing their little ones who use the ones that tell you if they stay dry and are having great success. They'll obviously have to move to undies at some point, but they're not bothered, nad the kids must need the familiarity or security...

Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • can you try something like they suggest here - that's what we did, we have not used underwear yet (we're only on day 2 but we had 100% success today).  the couple of times we briefly left the house, i've still used diapers.  my DD seems to dislike underwear too for some reason.  but this method she specifically says to avoid them... so i guess it's just different strokes for different folks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"