Detroit Babies

Bathing baby question....

How did you know your LO was ready for the tub versus the little baby tub?

My LO is getting way too long for the baby tub.  He's 30 inches (95% for his age).  He is a pro at sitting up now, but still has his sideways falls.  He can even crawl!

So is he ready for the tub? Of course, i'll be holding his back and there the entire time.  

When did you start just using the tub?

Re: Bathing baby question....

• Our LO is also tall for her age, but, we kept squeezing her into the baby bath tub until a week or two ago (she'll be 1 in a week). We got a tub floor grippy thing. Though it doesn't stick to the bottom of the tub, it helps keep her from slipping too much. I would wait until he isn't having his sideways falls before not using the baby bath tub, just to be safe. And when you do switch, just put an inch or 2 of water in the tub.
  • I put ds in the tub around 7 months.  at first i used that little insert thing to lean him back on if needed.  but that didnt last long.  he was a pro sitting/standing/walking by 8 months.  so i would always just have a hand on him just incase he fell sideways

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My son's name is Dylan too! We love that name.  Congrats on being due soon! I'm jealous since i'm at 22 weeks.
  • We started putting DS in the big bath around 7 months.  He was really good at sitting up though, so he never really toppled or anything.  I would always keep one hand on him and then use my free hand to wash him.  It was a little ackward at first, but you get the hang of it.  They do sell little seats to help keep them sitting up, but I wasn't a fan of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We use a blow up tub from One Step Ahead and started using that around 7 months. We use it b/c it lets her hang on to the sides as she got used to not being in the lay down type. Also it uses much less water than the big tub.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't remember when she was too big for the baby tub, but when she was, we got a duck tub:  https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-White-Hot-Inflatable-Duck/dp/B000066665

it worked great until she was ready to go into the real tub by herself

the beak makes a duck quack when you pressed it & DD loved it, it's inflatable so it worked great when we traveled to see family too

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • we bought a little inflatable tub that goes in the main tub as a transition from the plastic baby tub for our DD (was also tall). 

Was like this one:  https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3417460

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"