VBAC

Medical records - yikes!

I just got a call back today from the records department as they located my records & it's going to cost me $150 ($1/pp).  I hope it's totally not unnecessary, but I REALLY, REALLY want to read them and figure out what the heck is wrong with me!

Re: Medical records - yikes!

• That is insane!  What time period did you order the records from--are they just your hospital stay or all of your prenatal care as well?  Maybe if you just started with the operative report, it would be more affordable and still give you the info you need.

Doesn't HIPAA say that medical records have to be reasonably priced? So much for that.

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • is that from hospital or your ob?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Well, I hadn't seen any of my med records & I have a feeling there is some important info I might need for a consult with a surgeon.
  • Wow...  that is insane.  Ditto pp suggestion of narrowing it down to just operative records if possible.  That seems insanely high.
  • Your state laws set the per-page price.  Mine were $98 for the hospital and $65 for the clinic visits.  It is super pricey!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Can you go look at the records first, then request the relevent pages?  HIPAA allows you to look at them too.  It would take longer though! 
  • That is crazy! I didn't have to pay for mine or DD's at the hospital. But if I went to my OB office I bet I would. I have heard of people paying a lot at most Dr's offices. I don't know that there would be anything interesting in there though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"