Health & Exercise

Post workout cramps

Just got back from my first workout in 3 months...

Pre-pregnancy I worked out regularly with a personal trainer and I did several days of cardio per week.  I stopped because morning sickness got the best of me but it seems to have passed.

Anyway, I did very light cardio for 45 minutes (with my doctor's OK) and felt fine during.  After, however, I have some stomach cramps, mainly on the lower left side.  Nothing unbearable, in fact if I weren't pregnant I probably wouldn't even really notice them.  Is this something I should be worried about?  Should I stop the cardio until I talk to my doctor about it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Post workout cramps

• I had the exact same experience. Pre-pregnancy I worked out 4-6 days a week and weekly with a personal trainer; stopped for most of the first trimester due to MS. 

When I did get back into it at the beginning of second trimester I had the same cramps you are describing. I did talk to my doctor and he didn't seem to think there was anything to worry about. I would recommend talking to your doctor if you are really worried. The cramps stopped coming as the second trimester continued.  

• I am at 30 weeks and still walking/jogging 2-3 days per week.  I do get cramps while doing cardio, but when I stop they go away.  My doctor wasn't concerned.  She said some cramping is normal during working out.  She said to just take it easy and try to rest more.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"