Alabama Babies
Options

Halloween... Saturday or Sunday?

Is Halloween going to be Saturday or Sunday in your area?

I'm so confused. Last time Halloween was on a Sunday, Tuscaloosa's mayor declared that the trick or treating would be held on Saturday. But, this time around he's declared it would be a two-day event and people can trick or treat on whatever day they want.

Our neighborhood has decided it would "hold" halloween on Sunday. But, I know other cities are doing it on Saturday...

What are yall doing? Are you taking your LOs trick or treating?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
mmc and d&c at 8.5 weeks - 8/23/2010
natural m/c and d&c at 10 weeks - 1/24/2014
DX w/ hetero C677t and A1298C MTHFR - 3/4/2014

Re: Halloween... Saturday or Sunday?

• Options

I keep getting different answers to this question for our area! I don't live in a "neighborhood", so I don't know when/where to go!

Supposedly our town is doing Sat. night, so I may try a few houses that night and call it.  We have a fall festival and trunk or treat at church Sunday night.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Since we live in bi-city area, one city had their fall festival last night.  Their trick or treat is Thursday.  Our actual town has downtown trick or treat Thursday and actual trick or treat is Friday.

When James is old enough he's going to have enough candy to last until July!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Arab's mayor is asking us to do it on Saturday. I'm going with a few other friends with kids for the fun of it and only for an hour.
  • Options
    I heard that Madison is doing it on Sunday, but I am not taking Aubrey this year.  I am going to dress her up and take her to Decatur to my parents house and let her  help pass out candy on Sunday and also go see a couple of my friends while there. 
  • Options
    First of all, trick or treating on a night other than halloween is foreign to me. Maybe it is because I'm from up North and wasn't living in what is considered the "Bible Belt". However, I help out with the youth at my church and we are having a Halloween Party at the Pastor's house on Sunday, a costume contest and he is encouraging the kids to go trick or treating. Oh and I live in Madison
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

ToT here is on Sunday.

I'm dressing LO up as a black cat, but she will just be helping pass out candy.

BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
    DD born 8/9/10
    TTC #2 since 8/2012
    CP 12/2012
    dx MFI 10/2013
    Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
    Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
    Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
    Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

• Options
    Amy, I thought I saw where it was on Sunday.  We are just doing the downtown thing tomorrow night w/Lydia.  She's going to be a ladybug
  • Options
    Ours is being held on Saturday. However the city is also hosting a "trunk or treat" downtown on Friday night.  We will not be trick or treating.  LO is still to young for it. We'll just go visit family.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hey everyone, I've been very much MIA l lately. It's amazing how when your job revolves around the internet you avoid it like crazy during non work time. We are actually doing downtown trick or treat tomorrow night, trick or treating in my hometown Sat night and then trick or treating in neighborhood Sunday night...I'm excited but think I will be tired Monday...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"