High-Risk Pregnancy

1st apt with high risk Ob tomorrow

Im kind of nervous, tomorrow is my first appointment with one of the high risk ob's at my doctors office. They took my blood last week to test me for preeclampsia since my blood pressure has been 140/85 or higher the last 2 visits and last time there was protein in my urine. Im so anxious about my bp being high again that im afraid it is going to make it seem even higher then it is at the visit. I checked it at cvs twice this week, first time it was 144 and yesterday it was 133. Ugh. So they immediately put me on bed rest last week, and sent me to the lab for tests. Tomorrow is the first follow up appointment. I am not sure if they will have my results yet? How long does it take to get an answer/diagnosis for preeclampsia? I have an US scheduled for Tuesday for them to look at my placenta as part of the testing for preeclampsia. I hope they let me return to work on friday :/
Team Pink! Baby Girl due 8.2.15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: 1st apt with high risk Ob tomorrow

• when taking your bp the bottom # is the one they really watch for. They may have you do a 24 hour urine test also. They should have your results from the blood work as mine always got them very quickly. i'm actually surprised they let you go home my dr. made me go the hospital for bp that high and they wouldn't let me leave until it went down. Hope that you get some good results from your tests.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • (((HUGS))) I was just diagnosed w/ Chronic Hypertension yesterday...grrr...so I feel your pain.  Have you done a 24 hour urine yet?  It's a PITA, but that's the best way to get a protein count.  I had pre-e w/ DS...all ended well, but it's good they're being cautious.

I don't know what they'll do about your work...GL!!!!

Loving life with DH, DS (5), DD and Angel Baby DS watching down from Heaven! We are excited to be trying for our final LO! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageClotho!:
    when taking your bp the bottom # is the one they really watch for. They may have you do a 24 hour urine test also. They should have your results from the blood work as mine always got them very quickly. i'm actually surprised they let you go home my dr. made me go the hospital for bp that high and they wouldn't let me leave until it went down. Hope that you get some good results from your tests.

yeah im not sure, everytime they tell me the bottom number is ok but its the top one that's of concern. Everytime they make me lie down on my left side and keep re-taking it until it goes down. Last time it went down to 119/80 with my laying on my left side for like 20 minutes. I took the bloodwork last week so I would imagine that it would be back by now.

How on earth do you collect and store 24 hours of urine, in a giant container just sitting in your bathroom?!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageksmielitz:

(((HUGS))) I was just diagnosed w/ Chronic Hypertension yesterday...grrr...so I feel your pain.  Have you done a 24 hour urine yet?  It's a PITA, but that's the best way to get a protein count.  I had pre-e w/ DS...all ended well, but it's good they're being cautious.

I don't know what they'll do about your work...GL!!!!

When you had pre-e before did you have to deliver early because of it?

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"