Houston Babies

What's the Magic?

Just needing a venting location. DH and I are TTC and we were really hopeful about this last cycle, but nope... Here were are at CD1 all over again. I know this whole TTC thing can take awhile- but I was really hoping that it wouldn't. We're onto cycle #6.

So what all did you do while TTC? Chart? Preseed? B6? Do it everyday?

Photobucket

Re: What's the Magic?

• I'm sorry!  Please vent away.  TTC is so nerve wracking. 

I charted my temps using Fertility Friend and learned way more than I ever wanted to about cervical mucous.  We did the deed every day, sometimes twice a day, the week before I ovulated.  Do you have the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility?  For us it was very helpful.  Good luck!

• SMEP (Sperm Meets Egg Plan) 

https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm

The main part of the plan that I feel worked for us was the DTD for several days after Oing.  We had several cycles we were able to follow SMEP only until I O'd then dh would be out of town for a week.

There were some cycles I did chart on Fertility Friend but I hardly get enough sleep at one time during the night for it to be really accurate and it just stressed me out.

I recommend digital OPKs because there is absolutely no guess work, some women use them in the morning but everything I have read suggests after 10-11am until 7-8pm is the best time to use them.   I got my best results in the afternoon/early evening.  

We did use PreSeed a few times but not every time we DTD.   I also started taking a 100mg B-Complex everyday (which is important to continue to take during the 1st trimester, from what I've read) during the end of the second to last cycle.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh, I'm sorry you're frustrated. TTC can totally take over your brain.

It took us six months with our first.  For the first four months, I charted and sometimes used OPKs. I also took B6 because I had a very short luteal phase. That seemed to work. Oh, and we always used Preseed.

After four months, I bought the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor. Two cycles later, I was pregnant. For this pregnancy, the CBEFM got it done in just two months. I am as cheap as they come, but that thing was totally worth it for me. I have long cycles and have probably never in my life ovulated on the same cycle day two months in a row. It was great at pinpointing my fertile days. If you wanted to get one for this cycle, you have through CD5 to start using it.

Best of luck to you! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can't recommend TCOYF enough.

If I wasn't charting, I would have missed O every single month (my cycles, when they're regular, are around 32 days... and I usually O on CD21!!) It did help us get pregnant the first time, even though I miscarried. Needing IVF to get Viv was unrelated and was mostly a sperm issue.

For me, charting was relaxing. It helped me feel in control and know what was going on. Some people stress out with it. I didn't. 

imageimage

• I chart, use preseed, CBEFM, acupuncture and opk. Def read Taking Charge of your Fertility and learn about your own body as much as possible. If you end up needing an RE you'll want to be able to tell them all about your cycles without guessing, or they could send you back to chart or you end up doing unncessary treatments.

We're on cycle 11. check out the getting pregnant board on here too, they are very helpful, especially with the venting and support stuff.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Oh yes, I highly recommend Taking Charge of Your Fertility. That's a great read whether you are trying to get pregnant, trying to avoid, or just want to learn more about how your body works.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, also, I heard that laying down for at least 30 min after DTD is best.   We would DTD at night so I could just fall asleep afterwards and not have to get up for a while. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Definitely read Taking Charge of Your Fertility. I charted for a year, then started using OPKs. After a year and 3 months I went to a Reproductive Endocrinologist who looked at my charts from the previous year and 3 months. We discovered that I have PCOS, so even though the charts showed I was ovulating, I really wasn't. But that is rare. We needed fertility treatments to get Evan.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• imageKKMMex:

I'm sorry!  Please vent away.  TTC is so nerve wracking. 

I charted my temps using Fertility Friend and learned way more than I ever wanted to about cervical mucous.  We did the deed every day, sometimes twice a day, the week before I ovulated.  Do you have the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility?  For us it was very helpful.  Good luck!

pretty much this whole post.  It took me seven cycles with my first.  The second time I was much smarter about when he needed to "saddle up".  ha ha ha. good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"