Minnesota Babies

6 week check-up / sex after baby

Hi All,

I had my 6 week check-up and I still have a little pain on occasion when peeing.  Doc said it is not a UTI and everything looks good.  He said it is most likely just still a little tenderness or bruising that is still healing.

This brings me to the question of sex after baby.  Hubby of course is ready!  However, I do not think I am.  Were you comfortable after your 6 week check-up?  How long did you wait?  Was it painful? 

Re: 6 week check-up / sex after baby

• Unfortunately for my DH I think we waited until 10-12 weeks after...part of it was just being delerious with the lack of sleep and all the chaos of the new baby that when there was a good time we would rather have slept!  Once we finally broke down and made time it wasn't so bad...he did have to work into it because it felt strange at first but there were no real "that's painful" moments...I think I had more of those late in pregnancy when we did the deed.
  • We did it right after the 6 week check-up as we were both ready. But wait until you are ready. And it does feel a little different at first.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was ready at six weeks.  Everyone heals different though.  Wait a little longer if you need to or try it and if it is too painful stop.  Good luck!

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • To be honest, the first couple times were pretty uncomforable for me.  Certain positions are not as comfortable at this point still, but it has improved a ton.  Use lots of lube. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was ready after 3-4 weeks with DS1, but had a tear that would not heal with DS2. It was still open at my 6 week visit so I had to have it [look away if you're squeamish] cauterized. After 8 weeks, it was still open so had to have it done again. It took a good 9-10 weeks PP to finally do the deed, and even then I was so nervous the wound would open again that I was really into it. Took a while!
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I got the go ahead at my 6 week appointment but was SO not ready for it. We tried around 10 weeks and it was super painful. I ended up having a tissue tag from where I had stiches where the tissue didn't fuse properly. Once the tag was removed it was another 3 weeks of healing. It took awhile for me to be ready.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's different for everybody! I have a really low sex drive anyway, but add pregnancy and childbirth into the mix, and it goes away completely!

With DD1....I think we finally did it after 10 weeks. This time...DD2 is almost 3 months old, and we still haven't. I had a c/s the first time, and it hurt, which is why I'm so scared to do it this time. After a couple times it was fine, but it's just getting through those couple times!

Ashley & Christian
  • Thank you!  I was thinking I was out of the norm to not be ready emotionally or physically.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"