Pre-School and Daycare

Everyone all set for Halloween?

DD#1 got loads of dress up costumes for her bday in August so I am letting her pick one one of them out. Or I may ask my sitter if she can borrow one of her princess dress up outfits.

And DD#2 is going to be an OSU cheerleader. BIL goes to OSU and bought this adorable cheerleading costume for DD#1 for christmas 2 years ago.

So this is going to be a very cheap Halloween!

And I can't wait until after Halloween, I will be hitting up Walmart to get great discounts on costumes for play.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Everyone all set for Halloween?

• Almost; DD has her costume--she's going to be a doctor.  The only thing missing is the candy for the trick-or-treaters.  Gonna pick some up tomorrow.
  • #6#6 member

No and Im in full panic mode!  Usually by now I have everything ready.  Costumes, treat bags, party planned, candy bought, etc.

So far I still have to START & finish  Ls main costume for ToTing, his costume he is wearing for school on Friday (they asked all the kids to dress as scarecrows in his room)  Send something for his party...no idea what yet.  Need to email the party planning mom.  Finish the girls treat bags for their dress up night at dance tomorrow night.  Plan my entire party Im having for my kids and family on Sat. afternoon.  

Ugh...I have had no desire to do any of this and this is my favorite holiday of the year!  I usually have preview pics by now and poor L doesnt even have a costume.  Im close to just going and buying him one.  (skeleton) But Ive already bought the stuff to make it.  :(  I see a all nighter in my future.  

• Loading the player...
  • Almost.  I have both their costumes.  DS is going to be a dinosaur and DD is going to be a strawberry (both hand me down costumes thanks to family!).

I still have to get candy.  I try to hold off on that until the last minute so DH and I don't eat a bunch of it LOL!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Aiden 10.17.07 Emma 07.15.10
  • imageacppa:
    Almost.  I have both their costumes.  DS is going to be a dinosaur and DD is going to be a strawberry (both hand me down costumes thanks to family!).

DD2 is going to be a strawberry too! DD1 will be a witch (per her request).

Costumes are ready, candy is bought, decorations are hung, so we're pretty much all set. :)

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Not exactly.  Costumes are bought, but DH is going to Costco on Saturday to get candy.

DD was supposed to be a butterfly and DS is a caterpiller.  A few weeks ago, after already buying the costumes, DD changed her mind.  She wants to be a cat.  So I had to buy her a new costume.

I think we have a compromise though.  She's supposed to dress up for dance class on Saturday so she'll wear her cat costume there and then she'll be a butterfly for trick or treating so that she and DS can coordinate.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Dupilcate (stupid bump!)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We just finished getting DD's costume together the other day.  My mom bought DD a Cinderella costume, but considering it is going to be cold, I had to find tights, shoes, and a sweater to finish off the costume.  Luckily, the stuff we bought are going to be re-used for Christmas, so all I need to find is a dress, and we are all ready!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yup all done, including my "June Cleaver" costume to go with the homemade Cupcake.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The girls are going as fairies! DD2 is going to be tinkerbell and DD1 is going to wear a past year Gymboree purple fairy costume. They wore them on Monday to Tay's ballet class. They love their costumes.

So I got the costumes all set but now I have to scrub my house. My house is homebase for all my friend's kids this year. So I need to clean, decorate and come up with the food.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Close

Both girls have costumes. Dd1 is going to be little red riding hood (bought a red hooded baby gap poncho off ebay) and she has a basket... dd2 is going to wear dd1's old lady bug costume which is going to be even cuter on her. dd1 wore it when she was walking so the spots were on the front, piper isn't walking yet, so I'm going to put the dots on the back and she will be crawling around like a little bug, man just the thought of that makes me smile.

don't have candy yet, bc dh and i would just eat it all

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"