Pre-School and Daycare

If you burn pictures on to cd's....

I am putting all the girls pictures from my computer onto a cd FINALLY! (I am using a CD-R).  Once I get them on there, so I need to "close the session" or no? And can I add pictures to it later if needed?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: If you burn pictures on to cd's....

• Depends on the type of CD you have and burner you are using.

Don't forget that CDs are only good for 5 years. I just copied all my wedding photos on CD because the old one was close to 5 years. Don't want to loose them! DH has everything on a back up hard drive as well.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • imagejenuine:
    Don't forget that CDs are only good for 5 years.

Um...WHAT?!

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKristinKD:

imagejenuine:
    Don't forget that CDs are only good for 5 years.

Um...WHAT?!

Really?!?!? I had no idea!!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Oh, and to answer the original question, you can't add pictures to a CD-R; once it's created, you can't edit it. You would need a CD-RW to do that, and even then, it has to be formatted so you can edit it (although I have no idea how you do that).

I would assume you can go ahead and "close the session," but I'm not sure; my CD writing program just has a "done" button. In any case, after I make a CD, I always open it up afterwards to make sure everything copied correctly.

ps. your sig pic is adorable!

Emily 11.29.2007 | Kate 4.3.2010 | James 8.22.2013
  • i wouldn't use just CD for backup.

we have our computers backed up to an external drive AND to online carbonite service - which is AWESOME.  I also upload a lot to FB and shutterfly- so our pics are everywhere if any one backup failed.  I don't burn to disk... that won't help in a fire.... and as someone else said- they don't last forever.  I think more than 5yrs, but still not forever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"