Pre-School and Daycare

First week of preschool & DS comes home with an ear infection!

Ughh!  How do you experienced mothers of preschoolers deal with the sickness from your child catching germs from other preschoolers? 

DS hasn't had an ear infection since he was an infant!!!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: First week of preschool & DS comes home with an ear infection!

• This is our first year in MDO. She has had the stomach virus, a cold, strep, a sinus infection, and an ear infection. And she is coming down with something now. 
  • When he was in PK3 last year it seemed like DS was sick all year long. All the kids were & there was nothing we as parents could do. The teachers had them washing hands & sanitizing, the toys were cleaned regularly but the kids were sick... sick .....sick.  He would be healthy for a few days & then it would start all over again. UGH
    This year he has only had one cold which just started this week. 
    I am hoping that his immune system is just going to get stronger each year.
    Summer 2011
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers ~early M/C 4/09 ~ Ectopic 6/09~ BFP 11/09~
  • Loading the player...
  • Unfortunately, any time they are introduced to a big setting like that, they will get sick. It might be in pre-school, kindergarten or day care. Kids have germs and getting colds help build up immune systems. Just wash his hands before meals and when he gets home. Make sure he's eating lots of fruits and veggies and getting the sleep he needs. Hang in there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    met DH 1995 ~ married DH 2006 ~ completed our family 2008
    Life is good!
  • My kids were SAHK until preschool, so that was their first major encounter with other germy kids on a regular basis.

I just tried to remind myself that it was better for them to be sick and miss preschool than going to kindergarten and being exposed to all those viruses for the first time in "real" school!

It gets better!  I promise!

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • My kids are getting sick almost every week with something, too. It's a pain especially since I have 3 little ones, and I just have to wait until they all get sick.  I'm hoping next year it won't be such an issue! :)
  • So glad I'm not the only one going thru this!  Mine have both been sick for almost 2 months!  Think we are on cold #4.  I just really hate that DS has a cough that won't go away.  We have been to the doctor and she says just hang in there, but how long can this last?!  The cold that started over the weekend is the worst yet and I am at the end of my rope.  I feel so bad for them!
  • imagembenit4:
    You can't "catch" an ear infection. Since he has only been in school 1 week this was something that was probably starting before school. JMO.

Thanks Mbenit4!  He did have a cough before he started preschool.  Who knows!  Anyhoo, he's much better now :-)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"