Military Families

PCSing and LO's shots (Pearl Harbor)

I was just told yesterday that LO's 6 month shots will need to be 2 months to the day from her 4 month shots.  Well, that makes her 6 month shots due on Feb. 13, and we are PCSing to Pearl Harbor on Jan. 28.  How long does it take to get an appointment with a Ped at Trippler or at the family clinic on Pearl?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: PCSing and LO's shots (Pearl Harbor)

• I can't help with the issue of how long it takes to get an appointment, but did your LO get some sort of special series of shots?  I was never told that DS had to have his shots 2 months to the day when it came to the 2-4-6 month series.  I would double check that you correctly understood or were given the correct information.  I imagine even with a civilian pediatrician it would be difficult to get an appointment 2 months to the day.  Plus, what if the 2 month mark falls on a weekend? 
  • I agree with PP.  Most shots have a minimum amount of time that needs to go by between subsequent doses, but not a maximum.  In other words, it's OK to be late, but not early. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • NSLNSL member
    Ditto the previous two posters.  Are you sure that you weren't told that you couldn't schedule them any sooner than two months to the day after her four month shots?  FWIW, I've heard (anecdotally) that Tripler is very difficult to schedule appointments at. 
  • I've never heard of them needing to be exactly 2 months apart.  My kids' 4 month shots weren't done until almost 5 months old because we PCS'ed.  It was no big deal.  It just meant their 6 month shots were a few weeks late because our pedi said they had to be at least 6 weeks apart. 

• Ok!  That does make a little more sense.  What happened was this:  LO and I are staying with my parents because I came home to have her while DH is deployed.  She came 7 weeks early, but thats another story.. Anyway, we went for her 2 month shots yesterday, and I explained to the receptionist that we will be leaving to go back to Guam on Dec. 14, so her 4 month shots would need to be before then.  She got a panicked look on her face, but then she goes "Oh.. It's just the 6 month shots that need to be on the exact day.." So she made the appointment for Dec. 13.  I guess she actually meant that they can't be before the 6 month mark.  Thanks for clearing that up!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I've been here about a year and a half and have never had a problem getting an appt at Tripler. I've always been offered appts within days, including Peds and Ped immunizations. 
  • Hi we are currently stationed at PH. Its likely you wont go to Trippler but be sent to Makalapa. The Tricare office is across the parking lot from there. You should be able to get an apt w/in 2 weeks if your on it right when you get here. Maybe even sooner.

Word to the wise you dont want to be at Trippler unless baby needs a specialties doc. Parking at Trippler is awful!! I avoid it at all costs!! lol

Good luck on your move.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"