VBAC

Hello :)

Just wanted to do a quick (eh, not so quick) intro, since I just stumbled onto this board. And yay for it, by the way! Can't wait to see all the success stories tumbling in!

Was in early labor with DD for about 12 hours, but with 5 minutes contrax. Nothing painful. Went in at the advice of the on call, since I was GBS+ and 45 minutes from the hospital. Found to be 3 cm, and 90%. Was hooked up to an IV before I even realized it (um, wasn't supposed to be, but it happened so fast) and monitors, all in triage. DDs heartrate was fine. After a course of IV fluids, her heartrate went to the 180/190s and stayed there. 

Witihin 30 minutes the "decision" was made that I would be sectioned, since her heartrate hadn't gone down. Ta-da. Baby out, taken away for an hour+ (with DH with her the whole time). She was fine. Everyone was fine. Blah blah.

Not sure if it was warranted or not. It is what it is. 

So I walk into the OB this time around for my first appt, and my primary is all "You are a great candidate for VBAC! You want to do it?"  Um yeah. Her success rate is over 75% for this year alone. She is known amongst the nurses as "VBAC dr".

I feel blessed to have her, and hope things continue. I can't imagine her all the sudden leaning towards a repeat section, unless baby is breech. In which case we will try to turn her, but we'll hope for the best!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Hello :)

• Welcome, and congrats on your pregnancy!  Hooray for finding a provider with such a good VBAC rate!  Is this the same OB you had before?  Are the other docs in her practice as supportive?  I only ask because of the history of your first section.

Anyway, good luck getting the birth experience you want!

• imageMrs.tlcS:

Welcome, and congrats on your pregnancy!  Hooray for finding a provider with such a good VBAC rate!  Is this the same OB you had before?  Are the other docs in her practice as supportive?  I only ask because of the history of your first section.

Anyway, good luck getting the birth experience you want!

She did not deliver DD, and she almost seemed a bit perturbed at my 6 week appt, but that could have been wishful thinking.  The other drs are supportive as well, and I can only pray that the first decision was a wise one, and that doctor was acting on her very best judgement. I swear I will stay home until business hours so my doctor will deliver Ava!

• Loading the player...
  • That's awesome!  Sounds like you have a great doctor -- good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like you have a great OB!  Good luck with your VBAC!
  • Good job. And I hope everything goes the way you want. I am also trying for a vbac. At first my doctor told me I would be set up for a scheduled c. But I really want to try for the vbac so she said ok. as long as everything looks and "feels" ok. We will see. Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"