Secondary IF

Update on my Clomid roller coaster ride(long post)

I had my follie check for IUI #1 on CD12 and then again on CD15 and was told that there was no difference in size over the course of the 3 days so I wasn't responding to the Clomid.  I've continued the OPK's even though we were told this cycle was a no-go because I just didn't feel like this was happening because I've always been regular until being put on the Clomid.  

I now have a tiny bit of hope for this cycle instead of none...I finally got my surge on OPK today on CD22!!!  I called RE's office and spoke to the same nurse that told me that Femara and TI weren't options for me (I already went off on my rant/rave in a previous post).  She was kind of surprised and told me that I could come in for another follie check today to see if insemination was going to be possible for us after all this cycle, but as luck would have it my DH just left for a business trip this morning and is OOT for the week.  )c:  The nurse said that she didn't want to get my hopes up because OPKs can give anovulatory women false surges...um, I'm not anovulatory and dammit I've told her multiple times how I've always been regular up until being put on the Clomid this cycle.  She didn't even acknowledge me saying this again until a few minutes later when she had to check my file for something else.  She then said, "Hmm, well it looks like you aren't anovulatory!  I'm so sorry I said that, hun!"  WTF?  

Needless to say, I have an appt. next Tues for b/w to check my progesterone levels so they can verify that I did indeed O.  I opted out of the follie check today because we're OOP and it's not like we'd even be able to do anything about it this cycle since DH is gone.  I'm just so happy to have gotten that surge after thinking I wasn't going to O at all this month.  Is CD22 super late and will I need to change the expected arrival of AF by a week since I O'ed a week later?  Has anyone else had super slow follies on Clomid?  The nurse said it can happen, but typically Clomid moves things along faster.  

I feel better knowing that this cycle didn't turn out to be a total waste like we'd thought because #1 I got my surge this morning AND we just so happened to BD last night and #2 this might shed some light for RE for my next cycle if they know that I'm O'ing later than they expected.  

Re: Update on my Clomid roller coaster ride(long post)

• So glad that this cycle is looking up!  I don't have any advice for you, but I'm sure you wil have more answers after your b/w next week.  :o)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Doriimage
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • That's great that something happened and you didn't take the clomid for nothing. Good luck!
    Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• Loading the player...
  • I had some cycles on clomid where I ovulated later than I normally did without the clomid.  However, I never ovulated later than cd16.

Your luteal phase won't change by much, so yes, you need to change the expected arrival of AF for around two weeks from the day of ovulation.  You'll end up with a longer cycle, like 36 days instead of somewhere around 28 days.

I'm still hoping your RE will let you at least try Femara.  The nurse doesn't seem to be very good at listening.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"