LGBT Parenting

10 things tuesday

Re: 10 things tuesday

• 1) It is SUPER windy her today. I am nervous because our trees have some big dead branches our landlord said he would get to in the spring....

2) DW is sick: congestion, sore throat, cough and is a whiny baby about it...lol.

3) I really hope DD does not get whatever she has...

4) I tried to print pics from my phone at Kroger yesterday: FAIL.

5) I encuntered excessive snark on the 3=6 mpnth board loast night so next time I have a question I am just going to come here.

6) I do not want to go to work today BUT I volunteered for hours at this preschool event and I am the driver for the other volunteer, so if I do not go in they will be 2 short!

7) If I do go in I get to wear jeans...yeah!

8) My landlord wants to do a walk through tomorrow because the tenant prior to us wants to move back in 12/1 and he would let us out of our lease if she does!

9) I am excited to look for houses but hate moving....

10) Everytime we move we threaten divorce...lovingly of course.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • 1.  Tornado warning in the 'hood.

2.   I canceled an US this morning, b/c we have to wait until next cycle.  :(

3.  Let's remember to keep Duchess in our t&p today.

4.  I have to leave for work in 5 minutes, I'd better type quickly!

5.  Making a baby is expensive.

6.  I hate how sensitive flat paint is.  We touch-up on a weekly basis!

7.  I still freakin' love our new house (that we've been in for almost 3 months).

8.  I keep pondering twins.  I just have a feeling that won't go away.  It doesn't help that 1/2 of you all have them!

9.  I should leave early considering it's pouring down rain and I might drive through a funnel cloud.

10.  Even though I know it's a waste of money, I really want to buy a lottery ticket!

• Loading the player...
  • 1. A potential new vendor was supposed to be here at 10am.  This isn't boding well for her getting any work from me.

2. I only have a 35 min layover on my upcoming flight.  This makes me wonder if I should gate check my stroller and carseat and risk running late to my next flight.  Or curb check the stroller and carseat and risk it not showing up at my destination.

3. Thinking of Duchess

4. Wondering if my decaf coffee was really decaf

5. 28 more days

6. I love my little bugger monster so much!

7. Leftover PF Chang's for lunch - yummy!

8. I need a 70th birthday gift for my MIL - any ideas?

9. What new food should Jelly Bean try tonight?

10. Half hour late - I'm giving up on my meeting and going to work now :-p

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. This allergy cough that the kids have is driving me nutty (and I am sure them too.) Last night I was up 4x doling out cough medicine.

2.  My new van (well new to me) is already in the shop. It makes this intermittent grinding noise and the dealership can't find the source - and of course it isn't doing it for them. I am on day #2 driving a teeny rental car.

3.  L is out of town and I didn't make the bed this morning. Shhhh. 

4.  The kids are at a farm today with their school. They are riding on a school bus and are so excited. I am not. No seatbelts. No carseats. Sigh.

5.  Everytime my pager has gone off this morning, my stomach drops (I work in the trauma center where big accidents come.) I am typically not a worrier.

6.  I am loving Triaminic Nighttime Cough Relief for kids. Makes bedtime really fast and easy! ;) Too bad it only lasts 3-4 hrs.

7.  Why do I stay up so late watching crummy tv when L is out of town?  Do I really need to stay up watching the A-List on Logo? No. It really is a bad show.

8.  I am LOVING my Magic Bullet (the blender!) Fresh smoothies in <2 minutes for breakfast. YUM.

9. L is out of town for a funeral and so the kids and I have done A LOT of talking (based on their questions) about death, heaven, funerals, etc.

10. Evidently my data entry isn't giong to happen by itself. Sigh.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • 1. I am at work when I would rather be home with my wife.

2. I have a ton of bird crap on my car.

3. My boss called me in to sign my eval today and started to go down a road I didn't want to go down today.

4. I got an email this morning saying they don't have the paperwork for my contract, which I am hoping means I can get out of it

5. The next 5 things will be dedicated to our dog who passed away last night.

6. He was a 12 year old Lab/Weimeriner mix.

7. He loved to hike, swim, and play tug with our 23 month old Choc. Lab, Sadie

8. He had a big heart, both literally and figuratively!

9. My wife wanted him to meet our children.

10. Elmo had a heart attack at 6:29pm last night and despite my wife doing CPR on the way to the hospital, he didn't make it.

Hug your pets a little tighter today!!!

May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageOrgncMom2B:

10. Elmo had a heart attack at 6:29pm last night and despite my wife doing CPR on the way to the hospital, he didn't make it.

I am so sorry. My puppy of 11 years died in August.  He was hit by a car and it was one of the most horrible days of my life.  I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs

1. home sick with a baby today.
    2. I am bummed that I had to miss school today.  I hate missing school but it had to happen.
    3. The good news is she really isn't all that sick.  The fever is gone and the rash appeared this morning so it was Roseola after all!
    4. E is getting back to her old self and is eating and playing again.
    5. Having E sick reminds me of how lucky we are, being at the hospital reminded me of how quickly things can change.
    6. I am so glad our photographer rescheduled our photo session for next week.  Roseola rash just isn't the way I want to wish people a Happy Holidays.
    7. Thinking of Duchess today
    8. E is taking a mega nap right now, I hope this gets her in a good mood.
    9. I have a meeting at school this afternoon and am bringing E.  I hope she is in a good mood!
    10. I am so looking forward to halloween!
  • 1. I hate this Hyland's recall.... the last thing I want is to take chances with Gwen's health, but the FDA says right in their statement that they didn't actually evaluate the teething tabs. And one of the biggest problems was children ingesting too many because of the non-childproof cap.

2. What do others recommend for teething pain at night? I really don't want to be dosing Gwen with Tylenol all the time. During the day we can do frozen teether toys, etc... but night is when I'm at a lose. 

3. Sleep has been bad lately, which is one of the reasons I'm so annoyed at this Hyland's thing.

4. Gwen goes in for her flu booster tomorrow. Ugh... I'm excited to see how big she is now, but not so excited for the inevitable worsening of  sleep that occurs post-vaccination. Its already bad enough.

5. I can't believe its the last week of October already! Where has the time gone?! 

6. I feel like I've hardly been able to post lately because work has been hectic. Our biggest event of the year is in less then 3 weeks. 

7. I need ideas for dinner tonight. We thought a friend was coming over and bring pizza, but we got the day wrong. So now I have no idea what to make. 

8. I can't wait to walk around a bit this afternoon... its going to be 78*!! Crazy. 

9. I'm not feeling so well today, so I'm hoping the fresh air will help. 

10. I guess before dinner, I should figure out what I'm having for lunch... hmmm, maybe a chicken sandwich? 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageMeegs10.13.06:

2. What do others recommend for teething pain at night? I really don't want to be dosing Gwen with Tylenol all the time. During the day we can do frozen teether toys, etc... but night is when I'm at a lose. 

7. I need ideas for dinner tonight. We thought a friend was coming over and bring pizza, but we got the day wrong. So now I have no idea what to make. 

I must admit we used motrin for the night teething.  It did help and she really was in pain so I didn't feel bad about it.  Also since she only has 4 teeth and got 2 at a time we have only had 2 teething events.  I don't like to medicate too much but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

I made shepards pie last night and it was sooooo good.  We had left over mashed potatoes from take out so all I had to do was saute an onion and ground beef, threw in some frozen peas and corn and put it in a casserole with the potatoes on top.  I put it in the oven for about 30 minutes and presto yummy dinner!

• 1. Its 11:40. I've already eaten my lunch. and my snack. Fail.

2. Another BPN this mornign, so I'm having a second caffinated soda.

3. I'm only 11DPO but I'm thinking this is a bust since I'm breaking out now.

4. I've spent most of the mornign looking for jobs.

5. I have a project to do I've been putting off. For months. Its for a big girl, so to speak, so I need to get moving before she asks for it.

6. Its weirdly hot today.

7. I might buy a brownie this afternoon. What's a little more food?

8. I'm weirdly obsessed with having twins even though we really can't afford it.

9. I woke up this mornign with the dog snuggled to me. I think he needed to go out and was trying to wake me up.

10. I'm bummed about the dark.

• 1) Thinking of duchess

2) Meegs - if you call Hylands they will exchange your bottle for one that's been tested and they know are within the safe limits.  Between you and me, though, this recall is becoming a big deal over a small issue. I'm sticking with Hylands, but I've also had some success with gripe water.  its not for teething specifically, but it calms them.

3) Two - has JB had carrots? that was one of RB's first and she looooved them so much.  it was adorable to watch :)

4) 2brides - i never make the bed. shhhh. 

5) Organicmom - Sorry about your Elmo. We lost a very beloved cat recently so i know the heartbreak.

6) Mandy - sorry you had to cancel this cycle :(  You'll get there.

7) SSG - Yay for Roseola! wait, that doesn't sound right...

8) I'm loving my kids lately. loving, loving, loving.  I just dont want to stop kissing their chubby cheeks or blowing raspberries on thier bellies to get them to giggle.

9) Rosebud! what are you doing so close to the end of that ticker?!  Get back here! Surely you can't be a day past 6 months...

10) Its a gorgeous fall day in new england.

• imagecookiemonster03:

2. Another BPN this mornign, so I'm having a second caffinated soda.

3. I'm only 11DPO but I'm thinking this is a bust since I'm breaking out now.

((hugs)), but don't count yourself out just yet. 

• imagectbride08:

2) Meegs - if you call Hylands they will exchange your bottle for one that's been tested and they know are within the safe limits.  Between you and me, though, this recall is becoming a big deal over a small issue. I'm sticking with Hylands, but I've also had some success with gripe water.  its not for teething specifically, but it calms them.

3) Two - has JB had carrots? that was one of RB's first and she looooved them so much.  it was adorable to watch :)

Thanks... I'll do that! 

And ditto the carrots... we roasted some up for Gwen and she liked them a lot. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

1. I leave Saturday to be with my Mother (she has surgery on Monday). I will be gone 9-days...I am going to MISS DW and the kiddos.
    2. Good part is that DW and kiddos will be visiting DW's family at the end of the week and we will fly back together.
    3. I wish all of you good health, positive energy, and comfort during difficult times.
    4. Work is so busy...it sucks!
    5. I am not in a very good mood today...not at all...send positive energy PLEASE *smile.*
    6. Our Peanut is standing more...I think she wants to keep up with her big (only by seconds) brother.
    7. Twins are very expensive...but such a joy.
    8. I hate that I am not in a good mood...which makes me in a worse mood; go figure.
    9. My English and grammar have been so horrible...the kiddos will be saying "I gotta..." a lot and C is going to be mad at me.
    10. Well, I must get back to work...(expletive).

• 1. I'm regularly amazed at what a thoughtful nestie CTbride is. Ct: I wish you nothing but the best in life, because that's exactly what you deserve!

2. And really, I wish only the best for all of you! I've recently spent some time lurking on other boards and there is no doubt in my mind that this board is made up of some of the greatest women on the nest!

3. We also lost a pet this Summer. It was a bad season for the pets of the LGBT parenting board. I'm keeping your family in my thoughts, Organicmom. It's just so hard.

4. I'm eating cheese and crackers for lunch and seriously wishing for a glass of red wine. I can't wait to start drinking wine again!

5. I've spent the last 3 hours signing my name on fundraising letters. No joke.

6. Ok: Back to work for me. Have a great day, ladies!

• 1.  Super excited that we can use FSA dollars for spermies.  Means we can move our first IUI to January instead of March. 

2.  My wife is trying to talk me into letting her bring a four week old kitten home that they found in the parking lot at the school where she teaches.  I told her if we take it we are fostering it until it is old enough to go to the no kill shelter.  It is really cute and I wanna keep it but we already have two.  (one of which is trying to lay on the laptop as I type this)

3.  I have lost 122 lbs as of this morning since May 24th.  Gastic Bypass was a good move on January 1st I weighed 501 lbs and this morning I weigh 365.  Working my butt off literally!!!

4.  My mom is doing a little better since her stroke 6 weeks ago she is excited that her stroke isnt screwing up our baby plans.

5.  My wife just called again about the kitten.

6.  I am going to a free book warehouse sunday and couldnt be more excited.

7.  The Ravens really need to play better when they get back from their BYE week then they did against the Buffalo Bills.  Seriously, overtime against the Bills?!? 

8.  I am really excited about January and moderately nervous about the psych/social work eval tomorrow.

9.  My mom just ran over my toe with her wheelchair.

10.  Ugggg she is calling again about the cat...if she is this way about babies I am changing our last name to Duggar!!!!

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • imageMeegs10.13.06:
    imagectbride08:

And ditto the carrots... we roasted some up for Gwen and she liked them a lot. 

Perfect! I just bought some organic carrots that I need to use.  Meegs - did you roast them with just a bit of olive oil?

• imageTwo*True:

Perfect! I just bought some organic carrots that I need to use.  Meegs - did you roast them with just a bit of olive oil?

Yup. If they are baby carrots, then just give them enough olive oil that they are coated, then roast until tender. If they are regular carrots, they cut down a bit so they roast evenly. Either way, when they come out, I always divide them up and put half aside for Gwen as is, the other half I sprinkle with a little salt and pepper for us. Delish! 

Let us know how JB likes them! 

• imagethefamilyway904:

1. I'm regularly amazed at what a thoughtful nestie CTbride is. Ct: I wish you nothing but the best in life, because that's exactly what you deserve!

awww, thats so sweet and unexpected! thanks for making my day :)

• 1. DD is being recognized as Student of the Month at an assembly on Friday. Yes

2. I think I should start buying large sacks of flour, I went through almost 10 lbs in 2 days making bread.

3. My Grandma is flying in today to stay a week with my Dad, I have to get together with my brother and see what day we can all visit her.

4. I need to replant most of my garden.

5. I'm having Goldfish for lunch.

6. Oops, I ate half the box.

7. I've been craving a Shirley Temple. Embarrassed

8. Does anyone know how to make a sourdough starter?

9. I need to come up with a list of house rules so that DD has a hardcopy to reference.  What are your house rules?

10. A big glass of water is in order after all those Goldfish.

• imageLV1979:

3.  I have lost 122 lbs as of this morning since May 24th.  Gastic Bypass was a good move on January 1st I weighed 501 lbs and this morning I weigh 365.  Working my butt off literally!!!

How awesome!! i bet you feel like a new person! you should be so proud!!

ps - i'm siding with your wife on the kitten. there is no way i wouldn't be taking that 4 week old puff of sweetness home!

• imagethemommymonster:
    1. I am going to attempt homemade chicken pot pie for dinner. It sounds so homey and yummy on this chilly, windy day.

Have you ever made it before?  i love making it and have a few tips if you are interested. 

• imagemadisonpeas:
    imagethemommymonster:
    1. I am going to attempt homemade chicken pot pie for dinner. It sounds so homey and yummy on this chilly, windy day.

Have you ever made it before?  i love making it and have a few tips if you are interested. 

Oh!  Ina's is AWESOME!  Of course, I used veggies only, but it was phenomenal.

• imageOrgncMom2B:

1. I am at work when I would rather be home with my wife.

2. I have a ton of bird crap on my car.

3. My boss called me in to sign my eval today and started to go down a road I didn't want to go down today.

4. I got an email this morning saying they don't have the paperwork for my contract, which I am hoping means I can get out of it

I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

• Thanks all for your thoughts and prayers. We are doing much better today!
    May 2005-Diagnosed with Stage 3-4 Endo and PCOS July 2009-HSG Normal April 2011-1st RE Appt Prescribed Metformin + Baby Aspirin AMH and Androgen Panel Ordered May 2011-Repeat HSG-Normal July 2011-IUI #1 Monitored Cycle: Metformin+100mg Clomid+Follistim+HCG Trigger+Prometrium+Estrace = BFN August 2011-IUI#2 Monitored Cycle: Metformin 1500mg + Follistim +Ovidrel = Canceled-Too Many Follicles-Cyst Aspiration October 2011-IUI #2: Monitored Cycle: Metformin + Follistim + Lupron + Dexamethasone + Ovidrel = BFN November 2011: Time off due to OHSS December 2011: IVF #1: Mini/Modified IVF: Follistim + Menopur + Lupron + Dexamethasone = BFP + Severe OHSS Beta 1: 170 Beta 2: 332 Beta 3: 1316 Twins!!! Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"