Houston Babies
Options

Has anyone done acupuncture for infertility?

If so, would you recommend the place that you went.  I'm considering adding acupuncture to my treatment but am nervous to try a random place.  I'm in the IF closet and therefore can't ask any of my friends.

TIA!

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
No heartbeat at 10w6d
FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
It's a boy!
My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Has anyone done acupuncture for infertility?

• Options

I did it for four cycles and didn't have any change. It does look like I O according to my charting so I didn't need it for that. I recently quit because it was $90/week and we weren't seeing any changes. But I know others you do two cycles and get pg.

Sorry I can't rec a place in Houston we did it after I moved to LA. but  I know some others on the board here did it in H Town.

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the insight!  I'm not sure it will work either but my Dr is recommending treatment that is going to run roughly $3K per cycle so I'm willing to try anything at this point.  I don't O so maybe it will help with that.

No heartbeat at 10w6d
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageKelleyA:

I use him too!   I have only done acupuncture once with him because I need chiropractor adjustments more than acupuncture!  lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • Options

imagegenmalone:
    Thanks for the insight!  I'm not sure it will work either but my Dr is recommending treatment that is going to run roughly $3K per cycle so I'm willing to try anything at this point.  I don't O so maybe it will help with that.

I heard it's very helpful for helping you O. Good luck!!

-Clare
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I recommend the Oriental Art of Healing in the Bellaire/West U area. 
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the information!  Its a little easier to go somewhere that is recommended.  I'm a little nervous but this helps.

No heartbeat at 10w6d
    It's a boy!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I went to Chris Axelrad at the Axelrad Clinic. It is just inside the loop off of Post Oak. I went to a couple of different acupuncturists, and my RE recommended him. I went for IF and then after I got pg I went to him for 10 more weeks. I think it definitely helped me, plus he gives guidance on vitamins, supplements, and lifestyle changes. He has a website that is pretty good- just google him. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"