Houston Babies
Options

If you are waiting a bit to have another baby...

what did you do with all of your baby accessories once your LO didn't use them? For example, I have no idea where to put the Little Lamb swing, bouncy chair, and other items I found invaluable with Evan.

We don't have a lot of storage space in our house, and I don't feel comfortable putting them in the attic. DH wants to just sell 'em all and start over if we have another baby in a year or so. (We won't wait too long to have another since I am already 35.)

Any advice for the storage space-challenged?

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

Re: If you are waiting a bit to have another baby...

• Options
    We put stuff mainly in the garage and in bins in his closet. We don't have much storage either, so things are just kind of scattered. Lamb swing is in a guest bedroom and most other big stuff I have lent out to people I know will get it back to me when the time comes, or when my neighbor's grand babies visit. It's the mass of clothes that I'm up to my ears with. 
  • Options

We were in the same boat. When my BIL moved in with us we lost what little extra storage space we had.

We ended up selling all of the big stuff and we'll buy it all again as this pregnancy progresses. Things like the travel system stroller that we had originally won't work anyway because G is still too young to walk, so I'll need a double stroller. 

My other thought was that if I sell a less than 1 yr old swing, I'd be able to sell it for more money than I would a 6 yr old swing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    do you know anyone that could borrow it in the meantime? it would be more wear and tear on them, but i'm sure a friend would appreciate using what y'al considered to be indispensable enough to want to keep.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

imagehendy02:
    do you know anyone that could borrow it in the meantime? it would be more wear and tear on them, but i'm sure a friend would appreciate using what y'al considered to be indispensable enough to want to keep.

Ya know a coworker is having a baby in a few weeks. I should see if he wants to borrow anything.

Oh and Kimmer - I was more than happy to buy the exersaucer from you.  Smile

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• Options
    Anything under $50, we either threw away, gave, or sold.  Things ove like swing, bouncer, exersaucer, jumperoo, we kept in the spare bedroom.  We knew that we weren't going to have a baby shower with #2 and so the items can add up.  You can always remove the coves off of everything and put it in a closet, and all the metal stuff put in the attic. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • Options

We folded everything up as compact as possible and put it in the attic. Everything was in a closet, but when it became too much we reluctantly moved the pnp, swing, jumperoo and bouncer to the attic. We kept the infant seat, play mats, toys and clothes in the closet.

• Options

We put a lot in the attic in storage bins to protect it from fiberglass and such.  Some things like tricycles got put up there too because they can be hosed down.

My brother's wife had a baby a year ago so we have been rotating things through them - they had gotten rid of all their stuff.  As Maddie outgrows it, it goes to her, and they'll return it when she is done if we still want it then.

"If you can't say something nice, shut the hell up!"
    - Paula Deen to 104.1 KRBE's Producer Eric 9/17/2011
  • Options
    We put everything in trash bags or storage containers in the attic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"