Postpartum Depression
Options

XP: PPD/PPA (an introduction, I guess)

Yeah, I'm the girl who keeps posting about how scared she is of SIDS. I think it's starting to get out of control. I'm not sleeping much and I'm barely leaving the room when DS is napping. Even with the Angelcare. Logic has completely escaped me; you can tell me that there is a 99.9% chance that DS will be fine, and I will focus on that .01%. I google SIDS a few times a week; I googled vaccine reactions for 2 weeks before DS's 2 month shots and worked myself into a huge panic...I mean, you get the idea. I'm starting to think I'm not enjoying my time with DS because I am so worried all the time. This is not to say anything about my guilt. Oh, the guilt all the time. I am not interacting enough with him, I didn't pay enough attention to him on xyz day, I am scarring him for life because I didn't pull over when he had a meltdown in the car, it goes on and on.

So, I know some worry and guilt is normal but this is taking over, and clearly I need to do something about this. I already have a call in to my midwife, who they said will probably end up referring me to another provider. 

Anyone out there have some PPA/PPD success stories they can share with me? I feel better just having called, but I'd like to know that there's possibly a light at the end of this tunnel.

Re: XP: PPD/PPA (an introduction, I guess)

• Options
    I promise you that you can get better.  It will take time though.  I'm glad that your midwife prepared you for the possibility of having to refer you out to someone.  Fixing PPD/PPA isn't a quick fix.  It takes time.  But, it can be done, and it will be done.  I'm glad that you recognized that something wasn't right, and called.  That is always the first step, and the hardest one to make.  GL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm on the road to recovery. After 2 months of feeling just awful I started meds and have been having some pretty darn good days! I even feel like myself sometimes. I'm still struggling, it's not easy, but it's getting better.

I'm so glad I reached out for help! You don't have to struggle with this. There is help. :-)

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"